• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

JCKnife

If it IS the gauges at issue, can one tell the offending gauges by appearance or the code on them? I have a nice close-up of my gauge cluster here.

Attachments

stumps

Ya think? lol. Think about this: GL gets a 10% premium from every sale. The opening bid for sales are now $150, so they will get at least $15 from every sale. I'm sure they get paid by the govt. directly for what they do as well.
I was around doing DRMO auctions when DRMO put out the RFB for a service company to take over the handling of surplus material, and the auctions.

As I recall, the bid was two part. The first part was a payment that GL had to make to DRMO for the opportunity to be the sole service company, and the second part was the percentage GL gets from each sale.

The government pays GL nothing for what they are doing. They get paid out of the 10% they charge as a service fee.

-Chuck

greenjeepster

I'm going to hold off from any recovery attempts for now. Unless I saw something in writing that specifically said I'd get reimbursed for realistic transportation costs (and I mean realistic to me, not whatever the govt. decides its worth), then I don't want to take a chance. Not to mention going against the e-mail we all received.

And yes, I did already print out my Invoices. In fact, my friend in Kentucky who was supposed to pick up my Deuce already has all the paperwork, including the insurance card, invoice, and waiver to pick it up. The temp. plate and registration are on their way already by Priority Mail.

Now its just wait and see. Maybe it will all be cleared up Monday. rofl

Jim
DEMIL CODE CHANGES – RETURN OF RESTRICTED PROPERTY ( top )

• In the event that DRMS changes a Demil Code or determines that an item offered for sale by GL may not be sold, or must be sold with restrictions, GL may withdraw the item from sale or place additional restrictions on the sale at any time prior to the removal of the item by the Buyer. The Buyer will be limited in remedy to a refund of the purchase price and cancellation of the sale.
  • Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, or are otherwise determined to be restricted by DRMS, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you
Per the terms of use: First you can request a refund and sale canceled at this time and second is the transportation reimbursments

stumps

If it IS the gauges at issue, can one tell the offending gauges by appearance or the code on them? I have a nice close-up of my gauge cluster here.
The easiest way to tell is to wait until it is pitch black outside, and your eyes are fully accustomed to the darkness. The offending gauge is the one that is glowing green.

There should also be a radiation symbol hiding down around the bottom edge of the dial... the usual 3 triangles stacked with their corners touching.

I would be happy to take a geiger counter to any deuce that swings by my farm in Maryland, or any gauge that is sent to me for testing.

-Chuck

greenjeepster

I think it is interesting to note that they have not pulled the m35a2s again yet.

I also think it is safe to say that GL deuce prices should be lower if they go back on sale. While I know that GL "shill bids" I doubt that the Dept of Defense cares.

stumps

I think it is interesting to note that they have not pulled the m35a2s again yet.

I also think it is safe to say that GL deuce prices should be lower if they go back on sale. While I know that GL "shill bids" I doubt that the Dept of Defense cares.
How exactly do you *know* this? If GL does make shill bids, it is a violation of the Sherman Antitrust Act. If you *know* that they are making shill bids, you are required as a responsible person to report your proof to the appropriate authorities... in this case the FBI.

Be a man and do your duty, or if this is just a product of you and a buddy's fevered imaginations, please do us all a favor and keep it to yourselves.

-Chuck

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Given your avatar pic, it amuses me that you enjoy sitting back and watching everybody else get threaded on. Obviously you have nothing invested in any of these truck right now.
Listen Mr. Green,

I already posted useful information in this thread regarding what is going on with these trucks right now, and have confirmed this with my local GL rep. In answer to your question, I have plenty invested, I've bought no fewer than 20 of these trucks in the past 2 years, and if GL or Uncle comes calling I'm out a bunch of money...

so zip it.

greenjeepster

I know this because there is no transparency and when ever I use auto bid the majority of my wins close dead on my top price. I have pretty much quit using auto bid on GL auctions because of it and I mentioned it in another post on here a few weeks ago. I was told it was just coincident so I decided to auto bid one of my Frankfort trucks and the other I went bid by bid. The one I had auto bid on ended dead at my top bid of 1400.00 and the one I bumped up bid by bid ended at 1235.00.

It is no coincidence, I use auto bid on ebay all the time and cannot think of a single time anything ended on my high bid in 10 years of bidding. Like it was said in this very thread, the GL employees are not exactly the best and brightest and they are probably not even aware that they are breaking the law.

stumps

I know this because there is no transparency and when ever I use auto bid the majority of my wins close dead on my top price. I have pretty much quit using auto bid on GL auctions because of it and I mentioned it in another post on here a few weeks ago. I was told it was just coincident so I decided to auto bid one of my Frankfort trucks and the other I went bid by bid. The one I had auto bid on ended dead at my top bid of 1400.00 and the one I bumped up bid by bid ended at 1235.00.

It is no coincidence, I use auto bid on ebay all the time and cannot think of a single time anything ended on my high bid in 10 years of bidding. Like it was said in this very thread, the GL employees are not exactly the best and brightest and they are probably not even aware that they are breaking the law.
Ok, here is what I think you should do. Put out a call for other SS members that have seen the same behavior, and once the names are gathered, submit the suspicion, along with the list of folks wronged, to each of those member's Senators and Congressmen. Their staffers will start an inquiry, and GL will be required to prove that they didn't, or couldn't possibly have done such a thing. At the minimum, GL will be informed about the consequences of cheating at the auction process, and you will be responsible for stopping this reprehensible practice. At the maximum, some heads will roll. Either way it is better than just making what appear to be baseless accusations on the SS boards.

-Chuck

stumps

I know this because there is no transparency and when ever I use auto bid the majority of my wins close dead on my top price. I
Oh, I forgot to ask in my last post. Have you ever lost when you autobid? The cases could simply be a case where you got outbid. I have done this for a large number of people in the past... and have had a large number of people do this for me as well. After I have lost a string of bids for $1 above my maximum bid, I too start to think something is going on.

Humans are great at taking a few small examples and extrapolating them to a trend. Most of the time we are wrong, but we do it anyway.... I'm not sure why, I guess we like to.

-Chuck

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So does anyone know which gauges have radiation in them?
Mine do.

honestly, if it is the harmless tritium, there should be no issue, but things being as they are, some clown always louses things up. Tritium will have thin glass ampoules in the hands and marks.

If they have the old radium paint dials, they are safe enough if completely intact, just don't smash them open. But most of those should have been replaced many years ago. Radium guages often have a burnt or jark yellow burnt-ish look to the paint of the hands and marks. Other paints can look this way too if old. The only way to tell is a Geiger.

Maybe it is not even guages.. Maybe someone dropped a deck of punchcards.

scrapman

Hey guys !!! ***CHILL*** This has gone on before with GL/DRMO and it always goes away in due time. Getting your shorts in a bundle will only get your blood pressure up and not solve a thing.
If the gov't decides to repossess what we have now for whatever reason, they will take OUR stuff and say as far as the financial aspect goes, that GL is who we need to deal with. GL's play would be to declare insolvency, therefore no refunds to us because GL did'nt do any wrong. Could there be a skunk deal with a Third world "leader" in exchange for our "primo" trucks and other equipment that is not available to U.S. legal citizens?

Last edited by a moderator:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Holy crapola:!:

I read all 13 pages of posts. I am waiting for my M185A3 to be "repossessed" by GL for whatever reason was given in one thread...but no contact yet. So:-D

I agree with what Maccus posted...just wait a few and let em get their ducks back in a row.

This same chit happened last year...about the same time...and in a couple of weeks it was business as usual.

Besides...we have about 30 MV's sitting at the hooch and those nice radium gages make a nice bright glow so we don't need a security light in that area:wink:
Wonder why my teef and hair are falling out?...oh that's right...I'm old:idea:

blacktop_one

When I bought the trucks I was employed. Now I'm not, and neither is my wife. Although she has an interview Monday. I've been out of work for over a month, and even my unemployment was denied. Thats not gl's fault, just bad timing...and thats what I'm dealing with.

Jim

Hang in there NHDiesel! Better times are ahead for you and your wife. It's amazing how quickly things can turn around when you least expect it. Keep on keepin' on!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks