• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

stumps

1100 miles in a Deuce...anyone know of a good chiropractor along I-71 or I-90???

Jim
I just did 1200 miles in my deuce for its recovery. While I was in the deuce driving, I felt great. Usually when I drive long distances, my right leg gets stiff and sore from holding the pedal steady. And my back gets really sore from all of the sitting still. In my deuce, my pedal foot felt perfectly relaxed, and my back was completely without pain. I did about 600 miles per day, 45-50MPH. It was a complete and total blast! I haven't had as much fun in years.

One thing I did to make the trip more relaxing was drive at night. The traffic is oh so much lighter. I slept in the back of my deuce at truck stops to cut costs.... when I slept ;-) I averaged 7.4 MPG for the trip.

Oh, and pay your tolls! The LEO's are of late hovering around the EZ Pass lanes and ticketing anyone that buzzes through without the transducer.

-Chuck

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1100 miles in a Deuce...anyone know of a good chiropractor along I-71 or I-90???

Jim
My wife and I just did a whirl wind 1000 mile deuce trip in the m109 this past weekend to drop off a m146 trailer in VA. No problem. Slept in the back in a Walmart parking lot on the way home. I've put 8k on my truck in a year. I do lots of long distance trips. :-D

Does anyone know how the train wreck in the above picture occurred? I've seen it a hundred times, and always wondered. Best of luck everyone with your trucks. I'm wondering when mine in my driveway will get inspected!
The engineer was probably texting... ;-)

DeuceNewbie

anyone hear anything new yet? talked to another gl rep and got the same answers...guages blah blah blah...and to think i could of had a deuce on monday

820jeep

I called today, same story, no info, ask about the 60 day window, if it is stopped because of the hold on the EUC's, she said "that is a whole other story". :?:She would not answer.

DeuceNewbie where is your truck? Mine is In San Antonio.:cry:

DeuceNewbie

820Jeep Mine is at Ft. Sill (Lawton, OK)...i just hope this all blows over soon...i cant get a straight answer anywhere and definately no timeline...for those who have seen similar incidents before with brass and anything else do you recall how long it took for things to clear up?

tblackbu_77

The day before the email last Friday I scheduled my recovery from Frankfort KY on Nov 20.
I called Marcus today and left him a VM that I was aware of the problem and wanted to know if I should still show up. He called me back and left me a VM stating I know you are aware of the issues but you have a paid in full invoice and we'll see you at 10:30 AM on NOV 20 for your pick up.

So I'm set unless they call back

Todd

WyoDeuce

Leaving on my recovery. Anyone who has a paid in full invoice should go get your deuce immediately. My G.L. rep made no mention of the hold when we spoke today. Don't wait, go before things change. Good luck for everyone still waiting for invoices. Time to hit the road.

DeuceNewbie

Well you are one of the lucky ones....my site is fully aware of everything and no releases can be made until DRMS gives the ok...seems the cost of my 72hr temp tag is down the drain

WyoDeuce

I just picked up my deuce and am on the road. Stopped at perkins for breakfast and am heading to napa for a headlight. Thumbs up to Ray at G.L. for helping us out at the base. Don't give up on the wait for trucks on hold. You guys will forget all the hassles when you finally get behind the wheel. :twisted:

WyoDeuce

I didn't want to bring up the hold while I was at the base. Sorry to not be able to offer any new info. I allmost asked about the hold but I was like a kid with a new toy.:razz:

820jeep

I didn't want to bring up the hold while I was at the base. Sorry to not be able to offer any new info. I allmost asked about the hold but I was like a kid with a new toy.:razz:
I understand:-D Good luck on the ride home:-D

Last edited: