• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
small update. My truck is on the hold list but my paid in full invoice just came through. I guess they are still processing EUC's? Good luck to everyone.
That just means they wanted to get paid BEFORE you are allowed to retrieve your prize. No way the holdup was going to impact them getting paid. They were getting paid one way or the other...and I can only hope that your delay is coming to an end.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Bruce is right. There is no limit to how long it may be on hold or how many gauges you may be missing when you recover this truck. You are at their mercy and this is why GL trucks/generators /trailers go for less that buying from the little guy. Also you will get more help from the little guy with issues than from GL. Try taking a GL truck for a test drive. My 2 cents on this one..

greenjeepster

NHDiesel's Knox truck is headed north

NHdiesel and I got his truck off of FT Knox today. We had a few minor glitches, but after about 1.5 hrs we had her running and drove her 30 miles to Louisville where he stopped at a friends house to work on a few things before making the trip back to New Hampshire. I am sure he will update when he gets it home.

There was about 150-200 other deuces on the yard, all marked FMS.

Attachments

Last edited:

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I drove by my Guard unit on the way home today and the last 2 deuces were gone. Called my friend at GL and they will not hit GL. Most if not all deuces are going to FMS. The junk will hit GL. This is bad for the young guys now getting into this hobby who just want a good truck, but we all knew that this was going to happen one day like what happened to the M37. GL is not happy since they are losing money just like we are losing accessability to good trucks. There are a finite number of deuces in guard units slated to hit the market in the next 12 months and most will never see GL. This is so sad to see something we love so much just to fade away.. We will miss GL once thewy can only be found on egay and craigslist.

greenjeepster

That just means they wanted to get paid BEFORE you are allowed to retrieve your prize. No way the holdup was going to impact them getting paid. They were getting paid one way or the other...and I can only hope that your delay is coming to an end.
Oh they don't charge you anymore once the EUC clears. They get paid within three days of the auction closing and then you wait for the EUC.

tblackbu_77

2 points to add:
1. God Bless NHdiesel, thats a long haul back home.I hope his trip is safe. and I hope he won one with a heater.

2. I wonder if the Deuce's at Frankfort were all slated for FMS as well ?

greenjeepster

2 points to add:
1. God Bless NHdiesel, thats a long haul back home.I hope his trip is safe. and I hope he won one with a heater.

2. I wonder if the Deuce's at Frankfort were all slated for FMS as well ?
I think one of the things he was planning on doing this afternoon before he left was putting in an aftermarket heater.

I believe that all the Frankfort trucks were initially slated for FMS, but nobody wanted them, so maybe the same will happen to the ones at Ft knox. The sticker on the window says "FMS Freeze", so maybe they don't have a firm destination. Some of them were really rough too so unless they refurb them I doubt anybody would want them.

Marcus said that more Frankfort trucks will be listed soon, he has one that is not on the "list" and a bunch more that are and will be listed once the inspections are done.

mckeeranger

NHdiesel and I got his truck off of FT Knox today. We had a few minor glitches, but after about 1.5 hrs we had her running and drove her 30 miles to Louisville where he stopped at a friends house to work on a few things before making the trip back to New Hampshire. I am sure he will update when he gets it home.

There was about 150-200 other deuces on the yard, all marked FMS.
From the few pictures it looks like he got a decent truck.

Interesting it has flipped hubs and single street tread tires.

DeuceNewbie

Dumb question but those of us who already have a paid in full invoice should not have to worry about our trucks being recalled for FMS right?

WyoDeuce

Made it home with the deuce and no problems. This was my first deuce recovery and 350 miles to home. I had driven a buddys deuce before but that was my only experience with deuces. I have been watching auctions for over a year and finally bid 2 months ago. The deuce is a 1970 AM General W/W and 21,000 miles. The truck had a B4 condition rating so I decided to take a chance. We checked the oil, hooked up a slave cable (Thanks Ray at G.L.) and it started right up. While it was warming up we checked it out. Good winch, 7 New tires, New cargo cover with bows, an alluminum ladder for loading the back, Heater, Spring seat, Turbo, Air shift front axle, Glad hand air hose with chuck, Jack, Lug wrench and some misc. hand tools.

The truck has a sticker that says no radioactive material is present but the sticker has been on the truck for a while. (faded in sun) I don't know why the truck would need inspection again. Mabey they aren't telling us everything. (or anything at all)

We drove off the base and fueled up. Headed to buy new batteries but when we shut the truck off it easily fired back up so we just checked fluids and brakes and started driving. The route was Ellsworth AFB (Rapid city SD) to Laramie WY going past Mt. Rushmore. Driving the deuce through the black hills was a blast. The following pics are from the trip. The last 2 are a missle silo on a dirt road outside wheatland WY. I hope nobody saw me taking pics! :twisted:

My pics won't load! I'll reduce size and try again!

Last edited:

54reo

Wyodeuce, I lived in Rawlins for awhile in the early 80's, very nice country.

Glad to hear that the recovery went well.

KsM715

I grew up in the Black Hills, sure wish I could convince my wife that the winters there arent any worse than here Kansas. I'd move back in a heart beat.

Hope you took some pics in the hills.