• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Self loading container trailer

yokurto

Hey guys need a little help with my trailer. Bought it 5 yrs ago or so , got it home started it ran the winch in and out and the hoist up and down . Now I pulled it out cause I need to move a container next weekend and the hoist will not go up. The hydraulics load up like it is by-passing pressure so it seems like the solenoid is telling it to raise but it can’t. I have the 2 hold downs in front unhooked , I can’t think or see anything I am missing- anyone have an idea or dealt with this??? Thanx

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys need a little help with my trailer. Bought it 5 yrs ago or so , got it home started it ran the winch in and out and the hoist up and down . Now I pulled it out cause I need to move a container next weekend and the hoist will not go up. The hydraulics load up like it is by-passing pressure so it seems like the solenoid is telling it to raise but it can’t. I have the 2 hold downs in front unhooked , I can’t think or see anything I am missing- anyone have an idea or dealt with this??? Thanx
Semi-educated thought:

This self-loading trailer... It sits outside in the weather?
Is there any chance that a good round of penetrating oil might free up the "action" where parts move?

The only reason I suggest penetrating oil is that my M1089 has a crane on the back (middle actually) that has to stand up to function. The guides on mine look like hydraulic cylinders - but with no oil - and hadn't been greased since I got the truck. I spent a few cans of WD40 while my son punched every grease fitting on the lower boom with a grease gun.

My problems were completely unrelated to a self-loading trailer but maybe it will help you?

Maybe pictures and possibly a Mxxx number so we can know for sure what you have if somebody here has better specifics to solve your problem?

Artisan

I have not used mine in a while but I would suggest you look real hard at the wires that go to the hold downs in front to start. Also make sure it is not rusted DOWN to the frame, get a pry bar and make sure things are loose... Check ALL FLUID LEVELS as well... 98G how ya doin' buddy!

yokurto

I have not used mine in a while but I would suggest you look real hard at the wires that go to the hold downs in front to start. Also make sure it is not rusted DOWN to the frame, get a pry bar and make sure things are loose... Check ALL FLUID LEVELS as well... 98G how ya doin' buddy!
I will check to see if it is rusted , it is one of the units from Hermosillo so it is very rust free but I guess anything is possible

yokurto

Check FLUIDS... It's something silly I bet. Wires to hold down latches or hydraulic fluid is low.
Been out of town working , just got back and looked at things closer. It is not fluid or stuck/rusted down. I loosened the hose at the lift cylinder and hit the raise button and no fluid shot out of the fitting so it has to be some interlock ( hold down latches..?) nothing lights up on the printed circuit board when the “raise” toggle is flipped but the pump does load up and it sounds like it is pressure by pass. When I hit ”lower” the top light does light and it sounds like it bypasses back to tank. Seems like it has to be interlock. Artisan is there any other interlock you know of besides the hold down latches??

Artisan

Been out of town working , just got back and looked at things closer. It is not fluid or stuck/rusted down. I loosened the hose at the lift cylinder and hit the raise button and no fluid shot out of the fitting so it has to be some interlock ( hold down latches..?) nothing lights up on the printed circuit board when the “raise” toggle is flipped but the pump does load up and it sounds like it is pressure by pass. When I hit ”lower” the top light does light and it sounds like it bypasses back to tank. Seems like it has to be interlock. Artisan is there any other interlock you know of besides the hold down latches??
I HAVE NOT USED MINE IN 2 YEARS AND IT IS 1300 MILES AWAY FROM ME...

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP

Attachments

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I hate electronics

yokurto

I HAVE NOT USED MINE IN 2 YEARS AND IT IS 1300 MILES AWAY FROM ME...

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP
Thanx for the schematics that will really help. UPDATE: I jumped the “raise” solenoid with 24 volts while engaging the raise switch and the bed lifted as it should. So without looking at the schematics yet I believe the issue is a Hold down latch proximity switch or bad wiring for the switches . I need to understand how the proximity switches work and diagnosis where the problem lies. Thanx for the help guys

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks