• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selfridge deuces-what did you get?

nkawtg

Josh,

Oh the shame......

Well, I was working on 5614 (and only 5614) and was on top until sometime past 3:30. My wife called and told me I was outbid.....drove the hour home (say 4:45 by now), and it was $700 more than when she called:roll:. Anyway, I bailed on that one, and since I didn't pursue any others, I didn't want to snipe anyone at the last minute. Sooooo, I am ashamed to say I got some good information weds., had a good time checking them out, and that's it!

I couldn't believe the last 15 minutes.......Johnny told me you were talking about that....that was something to see!

I guess I just have to wait for someones buyer remorse to kick in.......:wink:

Glad to see your folks did well!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bid on 16 trucks but only got two. I figured they would go lower. At least I'll have two to play around with.
Bill
Much to your wifes relief. :wink:

Bill, I was on my way out from the preview when I seen your van.
Really wanted to go back & say hi, but had way way to much to get done.
Catch up with ya next weekend.

Preacherboy

$600 ? I did not see any sell for less than $1500
I think the "$600" comment was to this meaning...hardtops went for $600 last week in another auction and these deuces at Selfridge went for approx. $1200 so we got the hardtops for $600 and the rest of the deuce for $600 (although you are right not many, if any at all went for under $1500) so we got the hardtop for $600 and the rest of the truck for $1000.

$1000 trucks! But alas, none of the trucks had mint hardtops in a wooden crate, so these hardtops aren't worth quite $600.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I noticed a number of low tires and a few flats, some wasps, cobwebs.........tumbleweeds.
Also was told they all ran when parked.
Prices were pretty decent for Michigan, but not as good as Grayling '09.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Won 3 at the auction, does anyone have info in 53,72,76. Looks as though they may have had newer paint but there was only limited pic. thanks jeff
from my notes;
53- no heater, firm brake pedal so-so tires - bid (although I didn't)
72- no heater, firm brake pedal little rust - bid (although I didn't)
76- rust on bed, worn tires, soft brake pedal - bid (although I didn't)

These are just our notes, actual condition not guaranteed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks