• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sellers blues :(

5tonman1971

So today I sold my m813a1 the truck that started it all :( old oscar did atleast go out with a bang at 12,500$ but he was my first green child, I just stood there as the new owner pulled outta the yard heading easy to PA.

Then later in the day I sold my m923a2 not so attached to this one and it was tan so it had to go.

But man i miss my 813, a lot, already. It looked so good the stance was mean with the 16.00s. I think I'll be in the market for another m809 series preferably a wrecker since I traded off my wrecker project.

Oh oh the sellers remorse is getting to me. :(((

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah I hear you. I always regretted everything I've sold. Guns, cars ect. They'll come a day though when I need to thin the herd of green machines.

61sleepercab

Look at it the way I do when I share a gas engine or grist mill, old tractor or truck that I saved from the crusher and passed on to a new owner. REMEMBER YOUR OLD ITEM STARTS A BRAND NEW LIFE TO BE ENJOYED BY THE NEW OWNER WHO STARTS HIS MEMORIES WHEN HE PULLS OUT OF YOUR DRIVEWAY!!!! My son was exposed to old trucks,tractors, and engines but in his 20's there are not his thing and probably never will be. I could hoard all my finds and treasures and keep them all to my self but I would have missed.................. The WILLYS MB that I owned that was later re militarized and restored by the new owner and lives on somewhere better than fire engine red with a misfitting CJ cab....... The WWII Studebaker 6x6 that was returned to life and saved from the car crusher which was put back road worthy..... The new grist miller in Ohio who has a grist mill to grind for his neighbors ...... You get the idea you can't keep everything. Mark

flylo

I agree 100% with 61sleepercab & have saved much old iron from the crusher. The good part is you have cash to buy another hidden treasure so start hunting which to me is half the fun!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was planning on selling my deuce once I got the M923 but the wife said "NO!" so I've still got it. I am thinking of selling the 923 so I can buy a 1079 though.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lose/lose situation.... We're hoarding if we keep them, broken hearted if we sell them.......and we're "That Guy" if we just hang onto them, sitting in our field.

That suffering you're going through is why 'that guy' keeps all that stuff. Takes a strong man to let someone else enjoy the pleasures our "Oscars" have given to us.
I'm even sad you had to sell...... here's to sharing our "Oscars" with someone else that will love em'. :beer:

:tigger:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks