• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

selling an m1009, quick question

galeo7171

I'm selling one of my m1009. Right now it has a brand new softopper soft top installed on it. Would you guys think it would sell for more money with the soft top on, or with the original hard top?

ajsmith184

Gamble either way....Id guess a used softopper would be $500-600.....I would think off emotional appeal it would increase the value of your m1009 more than that, as they are unique. I cant get over how many more compliments and people approaching me I get with mine....

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it depends on your target audience... someone looking for a .mil issue truck would be more interested in the hard top. Someone looking for more of a fun truck or to turn it into a crawler/bogger would be more interested in the soft top. You could also do a dual listing. $XXXX with hard top, and $YYYY with soft top, both for $ZZZZ

I think to have more control and to get more money out of it, you should sell the soft-top separately from the truck. Sell it with the hardtop on, and mention "I also have a brand new soft-top that I'll sell for $xxx" And if they do want both then you can do a package deal...

The soft tops are hard to come by... you can get $400-600 easy. Just selling the hardtop by itself, you'd be really lucky to get $100 (especially since a lot of K5 guys want the sliding windows).

If you were to sell two identical 1009's one with the hard top vs one with the soft top...the difference in price is probably fairly negligible...maybe a couple hundred bucks. Unless you're selling it to a hardcore military vehicle purist.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks