• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling M818's to Canada?

I have an interested buyer in Canada to purchase a few of our M818's. When I filled out my EUC's I filled them out that I was intending to keep them myself and not for resale. What process do I need to go through to make this transaction legal?

Gov't liquidation doesn't know who to call/contact. They told me to call DRMO which is not correct as they could not help with selling to Canada.

Any help would be appreciated,
Andy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottom line, it's not worth it... You need to get State Dept Approval, since it is an ITAR controlled item..... And the approval costs $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CanadaDeuce

exporting or importing to Canada .....

Greeting from Canada

Well Im glad this is being addressed here as I as a Canadian am trying to get my first Deuce along with the help of some fellow SS members, I have emailed many members, dealers ,the US govt, the CDN govt ,customs etc so pretty much everyone I can think of
and have now gotten a pretty good idea of whats involved to bring one north.

I surprised to hear the idea of some SS members giving in and figuring its not worth it .... I dont agree, if both parties feel they are in a comfort zone with one another and each is willing to the letter of the law to do whats involved why is this a bad thing ?

Yes I know we are not as heavy into this up here as in the USA but I feel why is it we cannot be an interigal part of the MV hobby ?, I just finished with one hobby where
polatics got in the way of having fun I hope this will not happen here also as when the fun is gone well why bother. :wink:

I for one am very excited to partake in this great new hobby even being a Canadian
I will get a Deuce into Canada as I know it can be done as Ive spoken with people who have done it as we speak, so dont let anyone tell, you it cannot be done or its not worth it, lets all think outside the box a bit ........... It basically boils down to some trucks can and some cannot be exported , I went thru getting a beauty tractor from VA, only 5 days away by truck BUT not cost effective, the fellow I was Emailing to put out many days of effort and calls etc to GL which in the end I did not buy it but it was great he helped as now I and he is more informed as to what can be done .

Well Ill quit flappin now, if anyone needs help feel free to PM me, Id be willing to pass on the knowledge Ive obtained to this date.

Lookin forward one day soon to post a pic of MY Deuce to show you all and be as proud of it as you all are just on the CDN side of the border !....... the way I figuire it if people are importing old Dutch MV in why can we not take the old US out ?, all same but different and why GL makes those silly rules is beyond me, like a 38 year old truck is a threat to the US govt ...... I think not.

As a footnote thanks to all SS members who have and Im sure will help in the quest to export a Deuce for me.

CanadaDeuce
" who is OD green with envy thay you all get to bid on GL " :)