• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling my arctic M1009

Jetnoise400

Hi Guys,

Shameless promotion here... I've put my '86 arctic kit equipped M1009 up for sale. See the classifieds for details, and just ask if you're interested in seeing more pics.

Selling it so I can raise some money to finish this project... (pics below)

Thanks!

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Any chance you would sell the arctic kit by itself? Either way please post pics of the arctic kit parts as I would love to see what is involved, and I am sure I am not the only one.

Jetnoise400

Re: RE: Selling my arctic M1009

builder77 said:
Any chance you would sell the arctic kit by itself? Either way please post pics of the arctic kit parts as I would love to see what is involved, and I am sure I am not the only one.
Hi Ethan,

The arctic kit is very involved, and is already installed on the truck. I have no interest in trying to "uninstall" all that. It would be a TON of work to remove, and the kit changes some parts out for parts unique to the arctic kit. For a full list of parts and install instructions, check out the SS manuals section for the manual from GM. Here's an underhood shot that shows the 2 fuel fired heaters and the insulated battery boxes... I don't have any pics of the oil pan / trans pan heater stuff or the interior plywood insulation panels. I'll have to get pics of that for you.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Selling my arctic M1009

That's a neat project you have there. Not many good WWII fire trucks left in good shape. Good us updated with pics!

FrankUSMC

Maddawg
I have two of the FFN Crash trucks just down the road from you in North Carolina, plus a M530 fire truck. I have taken Sean "under my wing" on his truck.......and he still speaks to me.
If you PM me again your e-mail address Maddawg, I will send you a couple of photos of one of my FFNs, you can post them for me, as I do not have a clue how to.
One of the few, Frank

Jetnoise400

Yup. Frank has certainly been taking good care of me, that's for sure! BTW, the FFN is all stripped down to the frame now, and ready for sandblast, prime and paint. Making progress! As soon as I can get a little forward momentum again (and sell my CUCV), I'll start a resto thread on it... with lots of pics of course! :D

Frank, you could always e-mail me your pics and I'd be happy to post them for you.

Jetnoise400

Oh wow, I'd be tempted to take you up on that one! Thanks for the compliment too! I think it's a nice truck.

Looks like my ad expired. Here's all the info from my website:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks