• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Selling the Deuce, advice requested

Brentzilla

Looks like I'm already gonna sell the Deuce. Its to big for me to mess with, Ill be in law school next year so the money would help, prob. wont have a apartment complex that lets me park it, ect. Can someone please look over the info I'm putting in my add and feel free to critique anything I'm incorrect on or should include?

I asking a decent price so it might not sell anytime soon.
I'm not going anywhere, once I get settled in, I plan on looking at M1009, M37, or a M715. Something smaller and easier for me to manage. :driver:

NO CDL Required! Antique Vehicle, No Inspection Required! Easy and Reasonable to Insure from major compaines!

(According to NC DMV, check local laws if your out of state)

You are welcome to come see it in person to truly appreciate this truck.

This has been a fun project restoring, but I am attending Law School next year and its to big for my living arrangements. I am selling for what I put into it, but I will negotiate REASONABLE offers.

Multi-Fuel LDT 465 Turbo-D (Non Whistler) In-line 478cu. in. 6 cylinder – Can Run on Diesel, Gas, Ethanol, Waste Vegetable Oil, Heating Oil, Kerosene, Jet Fuel, or a Mixture of them Ect. *Overhauled in late 80’s

Strong 5-speed Manual Transmission *Overhauled in late 80’s

4x4 Drive works

Bob-Tail Conversion by a reputable Military Vehicle shop (Removed third axle and shortened frame, installation of M105 Trailer Bed, rear hubs flipped to single wheels)

Parts, tires, ect. all fairly cheap and easy to find due to massive quantities produced

New Vinyl Cab Cover

Less than 6 months old Tan and Black CARC Paint (what is used by the military today)

NEW Updated LED Headlights retailing at over $800

Comes with M105 trailer with new tires and hoses and an extra trailer frame for your projects or scrap.

Spring driver seat for added comfort

Winter start kit installed but I dont know if it is currently working

Front Pass. wheel cylinder recently replaced

Features working "Black Out Drive" lights for use with night vision driving

Has a few dents and dings due to its age, passenger window is cracked but still is secure, e-brake is currently broken but I am providing the parts needed

Side rails do come on and off in 2 mins with no tools if you want the pick-up look.

Cab cover does come off and wind shield will fold down onto the hood for summer!

History of this particular truck. Titled as a 1970, but possibly a 1971 formerly in service as D-24 in the 3D Battalion, 116th Infantry HHC Light out of Winchester, VA. 54500 Miles in Nov 1987.

Last edited:

Brentzilla

looks good, and an even better way to get it in the list as a for sale, :) guess there is a loop hole everywhere... :) good luck with it...
Thats why I didnt put the price or pictures. Hopefully the mods dont see it as a for sale post. I did have it listed here and after talking with a few potentials, it expired its time. This is for "the other" auction site I'm working on listing right now. [thumbzup]

off_sho_cajun gave me good feedback about listing what model of turbo and who did the bob work which is what I need to go back and add now on its auction listing!

I added its history provided by Carnac, and a couple other minor details

Last edited:

Myopic

Looks good, but i would want to know how many miles/hours are on it. Maybe note fluids changed and when ect. Maybe mpg figures since it's bobbed. The top speed if you have non stock tires on it. Use "bobbed" instead of bobtail. Don't state that you want what you have in it, that's nobody's buisness. Sorry, you asked...

Ad, not add.

Brentzilla

Got her sold yesterday, payment is on the way and were just trying to figure out how we can get the truck, trailer, and frame all on one trailer for the buyer to take up to Maryland. Nows when I wish I had a crane like you guys so I could put the frame upside down on a trailer! Hopefully we can get him on the forum.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you advertise it?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great, I am curious, I never sold anything big on ebay, would you mind sharing the cost to sell it on ebay? Nothing like fast results like sales on ebay. Are you happy with the final sale price?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looked over the whole ad, looks like it was very thorough, I bet that did help draw interest. Nice

Brentzilla

$30 paypal fee where the deposit was sent
$165.10 for the listing fee, with enlarged pictures, featured link, ect to help get it noticed
$12 incoming wire transfer fee for the truck amount

=$207.10

I feel that is pretty decent fees, better that paying insurance on it and having it sit with a for sale sign. Plus I got more than I would have most likely at a local sale.

I originally had it listed for $250 more than it sold, but I dropped it down to see if I could get a fast sale and it went less than 24 hours after. Total listing time was about 6 days.

Hosstronaut

Deuce in cab pics

Brentzilla, I noticed on the selling pics that the light switch box to the left of the steering column was changed out. it appears to be a push button style. what kind is it and where did you get it?

BTW, nice truck

3dAngus

Was the $165 the listing fee, or the final value fee?

Nice truck. Congrats on the sale.

Only 19 more sales like that one, and you MIGHT pay your way through law school. Save your money.[thumbzup]

Memphisdoug

Was the $165 the listing fee, or the final value fee?

Nice truck. Congrats on the sale.

Only 19 more sales like that one, and you MIGHT pay your way through law school. Save your money.[thumbzup]
Ebay fees vary depending on the number of vehicles you sell in a year. For the 1st four sales there is no listing fee. If the vehicle sells (any bid for no reserve or a bid greater than reserve) then Ebay charges $60 for vehicles under $2000 and $125 for vehicles over $2000. There are "extras" you can pay for that cause the free listing fee to no longer be free like the OP mentioned. In theory, you can sell a million dollar Duesenburg on Ebay for $125.

The other nice thing is that if the vehicle doesn't sell it can be relisted for free (except for the "extras") and the reposts don't count towards the 1st 4 count.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks