• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sending unit Question.

bus63kombi

What size threads are the Oil pressure and water temp switchs in the block. I need to get sending units for gauges I plan to buy, I really need to know what my engine is doing when I go on this trip in a couple weeks.
Thanks
I put this in the other thread put figured I would get an answer better from here.

acetomatoco

Most oil pressure and temp gauges come with an assortment of pipe thread adaptors to fit multiple applications. If you are buying commercial, that is.. The ones for the Mil spec trucks are all the same size... ACE

CCATLETT1984

I'm tracing cut wires under the hood and looking for the sending unit on the motor, for the water/coolant, what is the location? I'v looked from both sides of the motor and see something of a unit on the top right 'turbo side' and another on the driver side 'opposite the turbo' above the throtle linkage up a foot or so, are either of these it?
This post is in the CUCV forum, a deuce would be different.