• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sept. 13th Silver Lake, MI. MV show

67Beast

This is the 3rd annual Military Vehicle Show & Swap meet which is part of the Silver Lake Sand Dunes Apple & BBQ Festival. The Show is on saturday September 13th 2008 and runs from 10am to 4pm. This will be the third year for this show and it just seams to be getting better and bigger. Plus vehicle entry is FREE! I have meet several Steel Soldiers there over the last few years. This show is part of a larger festival that includes the state BBQ cook off championships, classic car show, and craft vendors. Last years festival drew in 10,000 spectators. As a point of referance, Silver lake on the Lake Michigan shoreline is 220 miles from Detriot, Chicago, and the Mackinac Bridge. Here is the link to the event info on it, http://www.thinkdunes.com/apple-festival-42/ and the show page; http://www.thinkdunes.com/military-vehicles-show-99/ The registration form is linked at the bottom of that page.

This show is right down the street from the Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV park so if anyone wants to play with thier vehicles afterwards there is plenty to play in. Also if anyone is interested in coming friday, we could go for some trail rides through the parts of the Manistee National Forest that are down here. For anyone who's coming but wants to camp out, I have 20 acres just two minutes from the show site that would be open for anyone who would like to primitive camp. It has a nice flat open area with easy acess for larger vehicles. Plus maybe we could all convoy over to the show site together and make quite the entrance. :D

Attachments

67Beast

I know with the fuel prices this year that it is going to be hard on most folks to get to a lot of shows. That's why I wanted to get this out there early on so that people could plan for it well in advance. It should be a great show again.

ida34

I posted in the other thread but no U of M game that weekend means I have a better than average chance of attending this year.

TedG

Hi Dave,

Fuel prices are actually down (even from the Clare Show) so this should not be an excuse! I will try to make if work does not get in the way of my fun.

Chuck, when might you go and what are you driving? Convoy?

67Beast

Ted, also don't forget that there is a swap meet going on as well with it so if you want to bring some stuff to sell, bring it on up. Just remember that the majority of the crowd is not part of the MV community like at Clare.

67Beast

Bump, It's a week away!!!! And I just had a local t-shirt business donate 2 dozen OD green t-shirts with the MV Show logo on it for those who come to the event with vehicles. So it's a big bonus, FREE show and FREE T-shirts!!!!

ida34

I am really trying to convince the wife and my daughter to go but I don't think it will happen. Working U of M games really screw up my weekends.

67Beast

ida34 said:
I am really trying to convince the wife and my daughter to go but I don't think it will happen. Working U of M games really screw up my weekends.
Well don't forget to tell them that it's much more than a MV show. There are craft vendors, the state BBQ cook-off championships, apple pie contests. There is plenty to do here. Plus all the standard tourist attractions here, Little Point Sable Light house, Mac Woods Dune rides, Lake Michigan and Silver Lake beaches and of course the Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV area.

67Beast

jim-m35a2 said:
Does any of the sellers have any headlights for sale that will be at Silver Lake this weekend. I need two of them.

Jim
Let me check my stock and see how many I have. I had a few but then got some extras when I picked up my M37.

Pappa-G

Sorry I didn't make it this year. My family is all up to go camping but the fear of drowning in a leaky tent kept us from going. I hope it wasn't a complete wash out.
Cheers - Pappa-g

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Did ARMYTRUCKGIRL get her truck this year? Just would like to see the pictures from this year since it is Sunday night 22 after 10 PM here in Korea and I am watching my home church in one window and thread hopping here.

67Beast

Well we had heavy rains which made for a lower than normal turn out. There were 6 pieces of equipment that showed, and half of them were mine. The Marines braved the rain to march as the color guard and raise the flag during opening ceremonies. I had several people call to say that they were not going to make it due to the heavy rains. The weather broke in the late afternoon and cleared a bit. I guess we need to hope for better weather for next year.

Attachments

jim-m35a2

Dave,

It was nice to meet you Saturday. You sure have some nice trucks in your display. Have you ever taken your trucks out on the sand dunes? I have seen a lot of pics and video's of MV's in mud and the woods but hardly any of them in the sand.

Maybe next year I can get my CAMO Deuce in your display.

Jim
________
Atheism forum

Last edited:

1stDeuce

How about 2009??

Haven't seen anything about the 4th annual event yet... Is there going to be one? I see Dave's Deuce and M37 at the shop everytime I go there... Nice trucks!

(Of course, I have a wedding to go to the weekend of Apple-fest...) :-(
Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks