• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serb tank takes a missile hit.....

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Not trying to short shoot anyone, this looks very much like a training range shoot. A single tanker advancing like that would be an idiot. The open terrain looks like a firing range. The position the missile fired from looks like a range. The tank would have seen the missile fired and returned fire or deployed smoke.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I gotta say, the newer generation missiles are so much more accurate. Old timers like me were in during the days of the LAW. I was not a fan of the LAW and never liked them.

By the time of fall of the Berlin Wall, we were/had swapping/ed to the AT4. When they were fielded I got a 45 min instructional course with it and a few times of walk through the steps on how to fire it. 18 months later I put that ad hoc training to use.

I can personally attest to the accuracy and effectiveness of the AT4 out to about 300 meters. I will say that the time from firing to hit to cook off seems like a lifetime and these films don't show the pucker factor that can go with that. I swear it seemed like 10 sec before cookoff occurred after the hit but once it did, the effect was total destruction.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Oh btw, I am also not a fan of the RPG-7. Individually, I do not find them accurate at all but what it lacks in quality, it can make up in quantity.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
If you all only what kinda shape I'm in. My drug induced rambling, LOL and it still ain't cutting it. It just lets me sleep.

southdave

I gotta say, the newer generation missiles are so much more accurate. Old timers like me were in during the days of the LAW. I was not a fan of the LAW and never liked them.

By the time of fall of the Berlin Wall, we were/had swapping/ed to the AT4. When they were fielded I got a 45 min instructional course with it and a few times of walk through the steps on how to fire it. 18 months later I put that ad hoc training to use.

I can personally attest to the accuracy and effectiveness of the AT4 out to about 300 meters. I will say that the time from firing to hit to cook off seems like a lifetime and these films don't show the pucker factor that can go with that. I swear it seemed like 10 sec before cookoff occurred after the hit but once it did, the effect was total destruction.
Yeeah I had about the training still went the range and shot LAW that day. 2 years later they had this training for AT2 with 9mm tracer in it so you can get lead ad sight pic. it was totally irrelivant.

shootER

Not trying to short shoot anyone, this looks very much like a training range shoot. A single tanker advancing like that would be an idiot. The open terrain looks like a firing range. The position the missile fired from looks like a range. The tank would have seen the missile fired and returned fire or deployed smoke.

Yeah, that's a range setup.

I saw this some time back and, IIRC, it's a British missile test.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can personally attest to the accuracy and effectiveness of the AT4 out to about 300 meters.
I fully agree. Those little (comparatively) suckers pack a nice punch. It made a quarter sized hole in the front of an M60 hull at approx. 250 meters. Thats was a good day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks