• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serious injury of a deuce......

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a slightly dented hood that should be an easy fix. He can have if we can get it to him.
I can bring it to Camp Shelby, MS if someone (timtrucks?????) could snag it from here.
Sounds like a good old fashioned steel soldiers relay.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, here's the damage:

Line running to compressor across valve cover

Front V/C bent a little

Radiator filler neck crushed and broken

Radiator cap crushed

Driver side headlight mounting assembly/radiator support crushed

Hood crushed

Cover on pass. side for solenoid(?) crushed

Brush guard bent.

Now the good news.

The oil filter housings and base appear to be ok. We won't know if there are any leaks until it's started.

The front valve cover is only a small dent.

The air compressor is ok.

The solenoids under the cover are ok.

mechanically, the only thing keeping from starting and running right now is the radiator and air line!

Am looking for parts locally (I have people) and will post updates and pics when tear into it.

Thank you to all who have offered parts. The offers are appreciated, and Mr. G says thank you all!

Attachments

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He is, but he has his sense of humor back. As we were opening the hood, removing covers etc, he kept telling me "Now don't scratch the paint!"

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I first saw this thread, I figured you were going to post some pictures of a bobbed truck. :wink: Seriously, though, I am sorry to hear about this. It sounds like he is maintaining a positive attitude, though.

Green_gator

I just had the same airline crack on my deuce last week. Happened while running errands and near my local Lowe's store. I fixed it with a 5' length of ice maker hose. This is braided steel hose and it bolted right on to the fittings. I have the package and will post photo's if interested. It ran less then $10 and is a five minute install.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update:
We have just about everything to replace. I just need to hear back from my local parts guy.

On another note, his sense of humor came out again. He called the guy he got his stickers from and told him (imagine this with a cajun accent): "Hey guy, your stickers aren't worth a damn, somethin' went way wrong with 'em"
the guy said "What? What went wrong?"
Mr. G replied " A tree fell on the damn thing and it crumpled up into NUTHIN!"

Needless to say, new stickers are ordered.....

Thank you again everyone for the concern for Mr. G's deuce and offers of parts!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to keep dat Cajun down, yeah?

Glad to hear the Deuce is on the road to recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcwilkie

Just as long as it didn't get the cowl and firewall top you'll be fine. Even if it got those, it's still far from a loss.
Even dented it's a great lookin' truck!

jimm1009

tree on deuce

A slightly blackened eye is all that is.
I would be very careful about firing it up wit the dented valve cover.
I don't know about the clearances inside the valve cover with regards to the rocker arms. Other wise you could even run it for just a bit with the radiator neck broken off. 3 or 4 minutes won't build enough heat to affect the radiator as long as the water will circulate in the core and block. :|
As a note for pet safety... Animals are attracted to the green antifreeze and it WILL kill them after a long painful
two weeks or so.
Please guard yours and his pets against drinking the drops falling from above.

Last edited: