• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seriously looking at lmtv need input please

tburk49760

What have I done wrong? The brackets are bolted securely and there's not hardly any wiggle room when loose. The four bolt holes that connect the two brackets are not even close. It was going so smooth up to this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tburk49760

Compressor is in! Discerning eyes will catch the one lower bolt isn't tight. That boss on the bracket is located poorly. I haven't yet decided how to punish it into submission.

tburk49760

I've been looking for the elusive LMHC aka crane for my LMTV and finally found several parts but still incomplete units. Anyone hoarding any parts? I will likely have a few extra parts.

tburk49760

Worked her hard last week pulling a 15k load up a 6 mile 8% grade. She did fine. Slow but plenty of power to get there... when I got home, I noticed the ujoint and yoke on the front side of the transfer case was wet. Trans fluid, dripping slowly! This should be no fun. Hopefully find time to take a closer look today... thoughts?

tburk49760

My shift keypad has a small tear on the neutral button and doesn't like to select gears when it's cold. Any thoughts as RP to taking it apart to clean the contacts or a replacement? It is wtec 2.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have taken them apart its not hard. Keypad is attached to the computer they come out together then you can remove a few screws and separate the two. Keypad has small torx screws comes apart pretty easy. I had one with a really hazy display. The clear plastic piece is glued in but came out pretty easy. I used plastic polish with my jewelry buffer and it came out looking brand new. Glued it back in. There are places that rebuild the older keypads so parts must be available. Replacement wtec2 stuff is not cheap though.

tburk49760

Spent some quality time in the shop fabricating parts for my lmhc. Just need the connectors for the winch and I can complete it. These are proving hard to find. Have a cheapo temp winch mounted for now. I have a mast and boom extra to build another or trade for things I may want.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent some quality time in the shop fabricating parts for my lmhc. Just need the connectors for the winch and I can complete it. These are proving hard to find. Have a cheapo temp winch mounted for now. I have a mast and boom extra to build another or trade for things I may want.
At least you have something to start with. I can't find ANYTHING.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
If the 3 pin control plug is the same as the warn mrap winches I have the plug for that. If you cant find a mate to the other its not hard to find a pair the same size and just replace it.

Another Ahab

That's nice looking work. You're pretty handy in the shop.

Did you pick that up on your own, or did you used to do that kind of work once?

tburk49760

If the 3 pin control plug is the same as the warn mrap winches I have the plug for that. If you cant find a mate to the other its not hard to find a pair the same size and just replace it.
Not sure if they are the same. The pic of mine is all I have. I've looked for a high amp pair for the other and no luck so far...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks