• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

serpentine belts

Demarrcus

I recently received a gov planet m1114 that serpentine belt was present on the machine but not actually on the pulleys. it is likely a 2007 6.5l turbo with a 400amp alternator. when placing the serpentine belt over everything and taking the tension off the tension pulley i can’t get it over the last pulley no matter which one i try. I think this may be the wrong belt. is there anyone that knows what the model number of the correct belt is for this, or what TM i could find it in?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
[B]Retiredwarhorses[/B] Is familiar with the 400A setup, I tagged him so hopefully he will jump in with the information you need.
Does your alternator have a small solid pulley or an overrunning clutch (pulley will turn freely in one direction)

Demarrcus

Right now it has a serpentine belt with NSN 3030015837508 which is a 110” in long one. From what i have gathered I think i need a NSN 3030-01-488-5606 which would be 114” long? Did all M1114 with sn >196901 have a 400 amp alternator?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right now it has a serpentine belt with NSN 3030015837508 which is a 110” in long one. From what i have gathered I think i need a NSN 3030-01-488-5606 which would be 114” long? Did all M1114 with sn >196901 have a 400 amp alternator?
I do not think so, you have a solid pulley so I would expect the belt to be shorter than normal.

Demarrcus

It can freely turn in either direction. Is there some trick to getting these on. With a serpentine wrench pushed all the way forward to release tension on the tension pulley should it go on the tracks fairly easily of the last pulley? Is there a specific pulley i should be using as the last one?

Demarrcus

It can freely turn in either direction. Is there some trick to getting these on. With a serpentine wrench pushed all the way forward to release tension on the tension pulley should it go on the tracks fairly easily of the last pulley? Is there a specific pulley i should be using as the last one?
i also don’t know if it matters but my serial number starts with 244xxx

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually pick one of the smooth pulleys that go on the back of the belt, tensioner, water pump etc.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully someone will chime in on the belt size 4" seems like quite a bit different than the stock belt.

Demarrcus

For the M1114 with 400 amp alternator the correct belt is 12469149-3 , 3030-01-488-5606

i think someone at GP was trying to fit the wrong serpentine belt on this vehicle and couldn’t get it on which is why it was laying loose over several pulleys but not functional. HMMWV running now. the difference in size between what they were trying to fit and the correct belt was only a couple of inches.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the M1114 with 400 amp alternator the correct belt is 12469149-3 , 3030-01-488-5606

i think someone at GP was trying to fit the wrong serpentine belt on this vehicle and couldn’t get it on which is why it was laying loose over several pulleys but not functional. HMMWV running now. the difference in size between what they were trying to fit and the correct belt was only a couple of inches.
The proper belt is determined by the pulley, not the truck model or generator type, a -3 is for a clutch pulley equipped truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks