• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Server Outages

mangus580

still cant get pics when logged on to threads,all i get is a multi colored icon with a number and.jpg at the end of it,when i click on that i get sent to the user control panel where im told ,im trying to edit someones post,pictures ,dont have access,havent registerd or been validated to access,or administrater hasnt activated my account,please help ,this is the 3rd message about this problem,what am i doing wrong,thanks in advance
Your profile is missing your location.

dc3coyote

Mike,
Thanks for your hard work...but what is this about the site being down on Sat Morning, that is unacceptable, now instead of just talking about Green Iron I am gonna have to go outside and play with it....Uhm thanks
Branan

emr

Ok, I am sure you guys have noticed the server dropping the last couple days... Graham says that one of the drives is acting up, causing it to lock up. We plan to remedy the problem Saturday morning, at 9am Eastern. He is estimating it will take a couple hours. So... between 9-12 Saturday, the site will most likely be down.

Hopefully that will cure the problem for us, and with what he has planned, might even help performance a little.
can some one tell me how stop being directed to this page then not being able to go to the one i want, ? i filed in some stuff along time ago it seems now, but i can only check stuff out not registered in???...Randy

MikePeters

I'm having the same problem ...every time I try to go to the Forum , I get a message saying the Admin wants me to read something "HERE" , then I end up on this Thread and can't go to anything else.
Guess I'm stuck here ---
Guys ..I guess by posting on this Thread (for some reason) I can now leave and visit the Forum ...maybe that's the trick ...too bad it took me 3 days to figure it out.

Attachments

Last edited:

gasser

Yeah, i uncovered a nasty bug with the latest SMP x86_64 kernel the machine is running. apparently it wants to add 4 seconds to every 1 second that goes by.

All fixed now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks