• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Service air leak

PureMayhem

I have an air leak that I can hear in the intake pipe when the truck is shut off. I think I have tracked it down to the brake pedal valve. When I use my stethoscope I can hear air leaking though the bottom air line that goes in to the valve. I tried adjusting the pedal height but that did not work. I can apply a slight pressure to the brake, just enough to move the valve and the air seems to stop leaking. I have ABS. The system drains in about 30 minutes.
Could the air leak be caused by something else in the system like one of the double check valves. I couldn't really hear any air rushing through them like I could the bottom air line.
Can the pedal valve be rebuilt?

5tonman1971

Do you loose air while the truck is running?

My buddys 819 and my 923a2 you can hear the air system bleeding down when the truck is shut off. I think this is a normal thing.

As as long as it's not leaking while the truck is running I think your in good shape.

PureMayhem

My buddys 819 and my 923a2 you can hear the air system bleeding down when the truck is shut off. I think this is a normal thing.

As as long as it's not leaking while the truck is running I think your in good shape.
It is leaking all the time but I just can't hear it when engine is running. The compressor kicks in every few minutes while the engine is running. The pressure stays between 105 and 120 which I think is about normal.

PureMayhem

Ok I finally got around to replacing the treadle valve that has solved the problem. I no longer hear any air leaking into the intake stack when I turn the truck off. Thanks to Castle Bravo for his used treadle valve.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Not normal the M931 I got from Pete would hold air for hours.
Glad to see you got her right Mark of the Mayhem

Last edited:

162tcat

Does anyone know if there is a rebuild kit available for the treadle valve? One of mine is leaking too and needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

PureMayhem

Try EriksMilitarySurplus.com . They have a rebuild kit. I will probably pick one up for my truck just in case mine starts to leak again.

plode

Is there an exploded parts diagram of the treadle valve? That would help in rebuilding it...looks like quite a few o-rings and springs :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks