• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

servo chevy c/k 20

pah556

Does a servo from a 1982 chevy c/k20 diesel fit a m880?
And what else would I need to do.
I also found a servo pump from a 74 d 200 (i didn´t get a picture of it), would that work with my m880?
I´m in Sweden Europe and it´s a bit too expensive to ship those things to Sweden from the US, plus I didn´t get a reaction in "parts wanted" section.

Thanks...

Last edited:

dependable

Not much from an 82 c-Chevy will fit a Dodge M880 with out modification. The D200 should be closer match. I have to admit, I am not sure what part you are calling a 'servo pump.' Power steering? Perhaps there is a auto parts slang language barrier.

pah556

Servo pump = power steering pump, the one that mounts on the left front side near the waterpump and driven by accessory belt.
I know, we use some other words for the same animal, I´ll try to be a little clearer on that one.
What other brand gear box would fit a w200?
It´s a bit hard to find a power steering gearbox from a civil w200 around here.

dependable

A lot of pumps would work if you can fabricate a mounting bracket. The same is somewhat true for steering gear, although you would have to be sure the geometry of linkage was similar. Any good machine shops near you?

Mostly Dodge civilian pickup parts from 70s fit M880s, (You would be looking for 1 ton parts for steering and suspension.) and Chevy parts from 1980s fit the CUCVs. Would be easy to find on line in USA, you could get good parts even if shipping is steep. Anything that age you find sitting aound used might need to be re built.

Good luck.

pah556

OK, what years would work if I only look at dodge w200 or ramcharger for that matter?
W200 I figure from 74(?) to 78-79(?)?
I might have a possibility to ship cheaper through someone I know who ships speedboats from US to Europe by container ship.
It just seems to be hard to find vendors on STEELSOLDIERS or ramchargercentral.
Or I´m not good at searching... :confused:

dependable

Am not much of a Dodge expert. Perhaps look at more M880 threads or someone will chime in with exact M-880 civilian counterpart. . When you know what that is, try Rock Auto .com.

w200/m880

Fleabay in england often has 70,s dodge power steering boxes and pumps,you missed one this week end that was cheap,dodge vans are often parted out and have same pump and box,as dependable says most pumps will fit,they look same as on chevy cars and even british jaguars and ford granada,s.,in the us shadetree recycling should have all you need.

pah556

Thanks, haven´t "thought" that close by my country yet, I tried Netherlands (my country of birth), but I guessed that 900 USD was a tad too much for only a steering box!!!
Duh, who would expect the brits to have em? :shock: :)

Thanks thanks thanks...

dependable

Just checked rock auto's site. There are about 6 choices for a rebuilt w-200 pump from $35-$65. About 6 choices for steering gear $110-$200. That includes core, as I doubt it would be worth it to ship back. Assuming yours is a w-200, about the same for w-300.

pah556

Would these parts be compatible with my W200?

From Rockauto site;

Lares Part# 997 Reman power steering gear, reverse rotation.

Edelmann Part#70933 3/8" Male Inverted Flare x 7/16" Male inverted Flare x 26 3/4".

ATSCO Part#7024 Reman w/reservoir.

Gates Part# 15365 Power steering belt STD w/o AC-w/o AP-w/o 100A Alt.

What does without AP mean actually?

Now I only need a bracket for the pump...

Last edited:

dependable

You should know enough about your truck to order your own parts. Any other way and you will end up with the wrong parts. The only folks who are going to look them up for you are those who are selling them. And the sites with the best prices won't even do that.

pah556

Fixed.
I have found a gear box with standard rotation wich I am going to mount in another way to be able to steer in the right direction.
I have some info from a dutch site where they have done this after they too found out (almost) the hard way.
I only need to get a pump, pully, drive belt, hoses and a bracket.
But that won´t be such a problem.
And it´s not going te be a crossover.

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed.
I have found a gear box with standard rotation wich I am going to mount in another way to be able to steer in the right direction.
I have some info from a dutch site where they have done this after they too found out (almost) the hard way.
I only need to get a pump, pully, drive belt, hoses and a bracket.
But that won´t be such a problem.
And it´s not going te be a crossover.
75-77 W series Dodge are rev rotation.
78-93 W series Dodge are std rotation.

A note about the rebuilt power steering gear box, they do not come with a pitman arm! and the one from the manual box won't work on it.

dependable

When you order the pump, buy one listed with reservoir. It is a pain and cost inefficient to try to save a few bucks and buy the pump only. (without the place to put the fluid).

I know from experience.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks