• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sets of hard doors..

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Patracy, I got an email with the photo's but they don't seem to show up here. Have you sourced any of the components as "off the shelf" items, especially the window? The door latch seems fairly common. I like the one (like your picture) with a pull out T (tool box) and a lock. Would be cool to get sets keyed alike too.

Question...to make a proper mold at least on the outside, will any of the attachments need to be removed? Is dis-assembly of the pattern doors necessary to make a quality reproduction?
Tried uploading them via tapatalk and it did the stupid link thing again. I'll try to upload them when I get time. And good luck finding anything outside the door handles off the shelf. There's a lot of stuff that's propitiatory to this.

NormB

Anyone looking for a set, PM me, I’ll put you in touch w/ a guy in Lothian, MD. His dad was Decodeme2 - died in a car accident back in April - his son’s selling off a boatload of hardware, parts, cars (Deuce, bobbed deuce, LMTV and several late model low mileage HMMWVs). I got pick of the litter last month, the other set’s rough but intact, mostly desert sand.

Ephraim76

Anyone looking for a set, PM me, I’ll put you in touch w/ a guy in Lothian, MD. His dad was Decodeme2 - died in a car accident back in April - his son’s selling off a boatload of hardware, parts, cars (Deuce, bobbed deuce, LMTV and several late model low mileage HMMWVs). I got pick of the litter last month, the other set’s rough but intact, mostly desert sand.[/QUOTE
Norm I’d be interested in a set of doors

NormB

Anyone looking for a set, PM me, I’ll put you in touch w/ a guy in Lothian, MD. His dad was Decodeme2 - died in a car accident back in April - his son’s selling off a boatload of hardware, parts, cars (Deuce, bobbed deuce, LMTV and several late model low mileage HMMWVs). I got pick of the litter last month, the other set’s rough but intact, mostly desert sand.[/QUOTE
Norm I’d be interested in a set of doors

PMs answered. He still has the doors (and a couple of turtle backs).

Look for “Decodeme2” old posts here and on the evil auction site. His phone number’s embedded in the ads.

I get nothing for this. Other than some small satisfaction in helping him clear his dad’s estate and maybe keep the business going. And maybe someone will be happy with a set of doors they can refurbish like I’m putting off doing with mine.

So no more PMs, please.

Thanks.