• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

several question about the a3

Deuce007

I have a couple of quick questions that I am wondering about my m35a3. First, I have noticed that the front right knuckle boot is completely off. I am wondering if I just remove the guard if I will be able to get the boot back in place but since I am fairly new to the a3 I am wondering if I need to pack the entire area behind the boot with grease first.

My next question has to do with the tires holding air pressure. The two back tires are always going flat within one day of shutting off the truck.:mad: They seem to leak at about the same speed so I am wondering if there is a air line connected between the two. I am also wondering where would the most obvious place be to look for the leak. I have already sprayed the tires with soapy water and had no results of leaking. So I think the problem has to lie withing one of the air lines/ or grommets.
any help would be great.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No grease in the boot or knuckle and could be the very costley bearings that are leaking air. Good luck and hope it's something easer.

3dAngus

I think I still have some Orings available for the M35A3 tires for $10 plus shipping.
What the heck, while I'm at it, I have a complete filter kit too with the more expensive air filter for $100 plus shipping. I guess I should put this in the classifieds, but sounded like you possibly might need a couple of orings and it reminded me. Might be a grommet.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe and will always say the only time you put grease back in the knuckles if you have the timkin ball type axles. You do not have ball type I would say. They are closed ujoints and it would be like putting grease around you drive line ujoints it's just going to sling it off and not go into the needle bearings. Now when I clean them out when I have mine apart then I spray WD or some rust stuff in the knuckles. I also after fording take one of the lower bolts out of the knuckle and if the boots leaked you can let the water out. If it was full of grease you might not be able to drain most of the water. Make sence?

Deuce007

Finally got everything put together again like it should be. I was reading in the Tm's though and they said that just a tear would cause fluid to leak if not packed with grease, so do I need to worry about having all of the bearings wear out? I am just trying to get everything fixed as best as I can without having to remove the entire wheel.