• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 Gov Planet to stop providing them ?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
No I won't delete that comment. JWade works for Gp and I'm asking him to clarify what he meant about exploring titling options with other states. If Gp is making this comment we deserve to ask for clarrification.
No we are not exploring any/zero/zilch/ on-road options. FL is saying that they do not meet their OHV requirements they weigh to much and are too long. They seem to be leaning toward a FMV title which according to FL they would have to be preserved to their military specs.

camosoul

Banned
FL is saying that they do not meet their OHV requirements they weigh to much and are too long.
But an M939 is smaller and lighter? So much so that you don't need a CDL or any considerations at all? The M35A2's crap brakes don't matter either?

FL DHSMV seems to be backing themselves into a corner regarding Uneven Application of the Law... If that really is their "logic."

04mustang

But an M939 is smaller and lighter? So much so that you don't need a CDL or any considerations at all? The M35A2's crap brakes don't matter either?

FL DHSMV seems to be backing themselves into a corner regarding Uneven Application of the Law... If that really is their "logic."
Just and fyi, OHV means off highway vehicle. Your comment seems to suggest they were saying a m939 or larger for on road use. That's not the case.

tage

It is initially intended for motorcycles, atv's, ect. AZ's OHV's does not apply to any vehicle over 1800 lbs, and of course this elephant in the room
You must affirm that your vehicle is equipped for highway use.
I wouldn't be surprised if it came down to tax dollars. OHV permit is 4.25$, reg mot of 200 times that amount...

It's the reason why I can't get OHV plates for my farm machinery.... It's a nice loop hole that GP has been extorting, however, we're all adults here. We know how to read a contract...

http://www.azgfd.gov/pdfs/outdoor_recreation/ohv/atv_brochure.pdf

BTW you don't need a CDL if you're not operating the truck for commercial purposes...

ChevyC60

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem I am having down here in Florida with the SF-97 is it states that Iron Planet is the buyer not me. Forget off road only, military vehicle, SF-97, if you take a title to the DMV and it states you were not the buyer they say noway.

tage

The problem I am having down here in Florida with the SF-97 is it states that Iron Planet is the buyer not me. Forget off road only, military vehicle, SF-97, if you take a title to the DMV and it states you were not the buyer they say noway.
You need the Florida state reassignment letter. Gp does not give it up forthcoming, so you have to ask for it. The notarized reassignment that comes with the sf97 is not worth the paper it's printed on....

I'm surprised gp hasn't fixed this issue. It's only been over a year. Since I was told it is in the works. Since ip is the buyer I wonder if gov audits their books?

Last edited:

hmmwv1

gov planet sent me a letter to reasign and my sf-97 on 2 hmmwv i bought,at different auctions,had no problem,i live in central fl
they looked at the sf-97 and said it was not transferable because it was in iron planet name ,then i said they sent this paper with it and that was it,
the sf-97 and assignment letter was fed ex to me from gov planet

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
gov planet sent me a letter to reasign and my sf-97 on 2 hmmwv i bought,at different auctions,had no problem,i live in central fl
they looked at the sf-97 and said it was not transferable because it was in iron planet name ,then i said they sent this paper with it and that was it,
the sf-97 and assignment letter was fed ex to me from gov planet
FL technically shouldn't except the reassignment or the SF97 since we are a dealer. Unless you are a licensed dealer that is. If some of you have gotten it through I am surprised because many haven't.

springbok

Looks like the latest paperwork issues and confusion will start to bring prices down again, one can only hope.
One would think that by now they would have had this all figured out.

The second part is if you are watching the auctions, they are selling HUMVEEs that were clearly purchased through GP, Cleaned up and "Titled"
Their greed is going to cost them and maybe us in the end.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And at the same time GL quietly jacked up the final valuation fee from 10% to 12.5%.
its a business guys...the process is the process, the hold up on a lot of this paperwork is not an in house issue, it's a process issue throughout the system. Things in the Govt move slow!
Im sure GP would love to have more of the process in there control....but it don't work that way.
if you don't like it, don't do business with them, go do business with GL...oh wait, they lost the contract cuz they sucked even worse and did an even worse job on just about every level, oh, and what iron clad guarantee ?
do I have my gripes about GP? Yep....but I have had more positive then negatives, and I'm not here to change there business model, they are clearly a successful company and IP has been around for years.
prices will decline due to saturation in the market place, but GP will control that by limiting the amount of trucks coming out...spoon feeding folks. If you don't think that upper management has had meeting after meeting on this very issue, your living in utopia. They watch every auction, it's results, what sold, what didn't, what rolled over, by state, by region...it's a business.
i just had a call from a guy who bid and bought...he is pissed cuz he didn't Know about the EUC, SF97 and the waiting period.....who's fault is that?

Stein12501

Jwade I received my SF-97 a while back and a re-assignment letter from GovPlanet. It indicates that the owner is IronPlanet. In Missouri they will accept an SF-97 but won't accept the re-assignment. Will DLA accept the SF-97 with the IronPlanet RA paper and generate a new SF-97 with my name on it. I could then take it to DMV and get the paperwork. Just a question.

TwoStates

Back to the topic, What is the latest on the paperwork coming from GP? Seems they really dropped the ball yet again.
I guess you didn't want to read my positive review from Tuesday, whereby I commended govplant for having great communication and getting my SF97 delivered last week from my February 17 HMMWV purchase.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks