• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 in KY

number9

I don't think that's an accurate assumption JCKnife.

From Brad's post
Yes that is the form. The inspection section needs to be done first and then fax to GL and they fill in the sale price, notarize and mail it back.

Then both copies (the original that has the inspection on it and the copy with the price from GL) need to go back to the clerk.
That is the info the Bill of Sale has on it from GL. States the price paid for the truck, that they are transferring it over to you and it's notorized. They also put the same information on the FL title they sent me. I think it's a matter of the Co Clerk wanting to work with you or against you. Like I said earlier, the Co Clerk I worked with said that this was the ONLY time the VTR form didn't need the sellers portion filled out - when it was a Gov sale, because they had provided the needed info on the other documents and they are notorized. Also, he called someone and confirmed that. He could have very easily told me NO-GO and made me fax back to GL and all that crap that they are making Brad do.

greenjeepster

Wow, then we really didn't need to do the SF-97 at all, did we? Well, that's money wasted.
You cannot apply for a Kentucky title if you do not have a title from another state. Kentucky does not issue titles without either a title from another state or a Certificate of Origin from the manufacturer.

They will not accept an SF-97 in Kentucky and many other states which is why GL has a contract with Florida to issue titles on these trucks. At almost 80.00 a pop it is pretty good money for Florida.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks