• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sf-97 or title in alabama

jarrettpcfr

I won a bid on gl, submitted my euc and im still waiting for approvall. it went to battle creek on jan 26 2010. i wanted to know if anybody knew if alabama requires a title or a sf-97 on a 1984 m1028 cucv or just a bill of sale with all of the correct information. i heard alot of horror stories about gl and "correct" information. i hope i don't get a fine from my state while i wait on paperwork.

govt

I just went through this in Alabama. I have one of the GL horror stories. Was sent someone else's title which meant my title went to someone in Ohio. Still working to correct but don't really need the title to register as mine is a 1971. Wreckerman is correct. Alabama started titling vehicles after 1975. Before 1975, you only need a bill of sale. 1984 will need an SF-97.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even in cases where you don't need a title, you are much better off getting a title as the vehicle is often worth more if you sell it with a title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks