• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF-97 question for newbie

Rustnot

Hi all. I am new to trailers and military vehicles. I just got two trailers from GovPlanet. Do you have to get the SF97 to title a vehicle? If you don't order it at checkout, can you get it later from GovPlanet? What if the trailer did not generate the titling question?

thank you

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my HMMWV did not generate the "would you like to purchase an SF-97 question anywhere.
I called them, they sent me the paperwork, I filled it out and sent it back (all by email) then I had to physically call them and give them payment over the phone.

Zed254

I suspect that depends on the state. In VA the local DMV office would not accept the SF-97 form I received because it was for transfer from Feds to Gov Plant, then a notarized document transferring title to me. I then requested a Bill of Sale from Gov Planet and sent the SF-97, notarized transfer document, and the Bill of Sale to the VA DMV office in Richmond, Virginia plus fees. A month or so later I received my plates.

Call you DMV to confirm your state's rules.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought a semi trailer 373A2 from Govplanet and the form asked me if I wanted a title or sf97. I put SF97 and glad I did. If they would have sent me a title the tare / empty weight would not have been correct. On the SF 97 they sent me it had the correct gross but for the tare they had 12,430. I took a pic of the data plate that showed the empty weight as 9,430 and no where on the date plate was 12,430. I sent all paper work / SF97 back to Tx. and just waiting for the corrected SF97 to come back. Then I will go to my DMV where I have not had any problems with SF97's but I do need a sheriff to sign off a vehicle identification form.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What state did you get the trailers from?
If the question is for me I got it here in Florida. Thought they were supposed to give me a title straight out but as I said I am glad they did not. I would have had to get it corrected. Now I do have another trailer from GL that I got the SF97 and in my stupidity I filed for a title and did not correct the empty / tare weight. Lucky my DMV said to go find a certified scale at a truck stop and weigh the trailer. Little bit of work as I have to weigh the tractor and trailer then drop the trailer and weigh the tractor alone. Good thing is as of right now I do not plan on tagging/ insuring that trailer as I just use it for dry storage.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question was actually directed at the original poster.
If he gets the trailers from a state that does not require titles I would think his paid invoice should suffice as a bill of sale to allow him to title it in NC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks