• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97

INFChief

Sharing my experience & current status.

I completed and sent the EUC & SF97 to GovPlanet within 24 hours of purchase.

EUC came fairly quickly and I was able to get the Item Release and pick up the MTV.

After a week of no SF97 action I called GovPlanet & was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks to get it.

Being a rather impatient person I found the proper DLA department and sent them an email with the SF97, EUC, and proof of payment.

DLA determined that GovPlanet has made an error on their end and punted back to them. Hopefully my inquiry will be a soft nudge in GP’s backside - but I suspect they have one speed - they move as fast as a non running MTV.

All in all; so far; not a bad timeline of events. It could track nicely or it could go way south. I’ll try to post updates so at least you have some idea of timeline.

OLDBEAR1234

I have been waiting seven weeks for my sf-97 to be sent in to whom ever by gp and was told today they have to wait on two to three hundred sales to be able to send in another batch. Is anyone hearing this?

INFChief

I have been waiting seven weeks for my sf-97 to be sent in to whom ever by gp and was told today they have to wait on two to three hundred sales to be able to send in another batch. Is anyone hearing this?
I was told the same thing when I called them last week. Great customer service.

INFChief

I receive a customer service survey from GP. I was not nasty or mean - but I let them know in clear terms that their CSA’s aren’t familiar with many of the topics I contact them about, and, I made it very clear that with the level of charges / fees we pay that a SF97 should not take more than 3 to 4 weeks.

I’m sure some executive at GP (Ritchie Bros.) jumped right on those poor customer service issues….

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I receive a customer service survey from GP. I was not nasty or mean - but I let them know in clear terms that their CSA’s aren’t familiar with many of the topics I contact them about, and, I made it very clear that with the level of charges / fees we pay that a SF97 should not take more than 3 to 4 weeks.

I’m sure some executive at GP (Ritchie Bros.) jumped right on those poor customer service issues….
Sad but true - and if you get ANY response - I will be pretty amazed.
More than likely the person that started that program got fired and nobody ever reads the surveys.
Just guessing - but based on past performance I wouldn't hang my hopes on a reply.

INFChief

Update: 9/28/21. GP tells me that the SF97 is not requested from DLA (per DLA’s contract) until the vehicle has been picked up and that’s when the clock starts on the processing time.

In my case the timelines is: 8/4/21 purchased vehicle. 8/6/21 submitted both EUC & SF97. 8/20/21 picked up the vehicle.

My clock started 8/20/21. GP explained that DLA will not process the SF97 until pick up because too many vehicles get purchased & not picked up. If DLA completed the SF97 sooner and the vehicle was not picked up the paperwork would have to be redone.

Also in my case, (per GP), DLA sent the SF97 with the incorrect make and registration # (VIN). So GP had to send it back to DLA for correction.

I’ve contacted DLA and am waiting for them to tell me their version.

Stay tuned - the saga continues.

OLDBEAR1234

Update: 9/28/21. GP tells me that the SF97 is not requested from DLA (per DLA’s contract) until the vehicle has been picked up and that’s when the clock starts on the processing time.

In my case the timelines is: 8/4/21 purchased vehicle. 8/6/21 submitted both EUC & SF97. 8/20/21 picked up the vehicle.

My clock started 8/20/21. GP explained that DLA will not process the SF97 until pick up because too many vehicles get purchased & not picked up. If DLA completed the SF97 sooner and the vehicle was not picked up the paperwork would have to be redone.

Also in my case, (per GP), DLA sent the SF97 with the incorrect make and registration # (VIN). So GP had to send it back to DLA for correction.

I’ve contacted DLA and am waiting for them to tell me their version.

Stay tuned - the saga continues.
What a mess.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know when you get a reply please.
They got back but gave no answer.....just a government circular answer .....which was based upon their interpretation of the question as me wanting to sell one to someone in NY, not the same as from the exclusive contractor GovPlanet.

Sorry, I didn't go to step 2 as it appeared the person answering was well trained in avoidance .

INFChief

UPDATE: My SF97 was incorrectly filled out by DLA & GP kicked it back. Yesterday I got a call from DLA saying the SF97 has been corrected and will be sent back to GP this week. Not sure how long it will take GP to do their bit before it is finally ready to mail to me.

I personally called DLA in September and asked for it to be expedited. I called DLA because GP was giving me excuses for it taking so long so I reached out to DLA only to find out the SF97 had never been sent to them.

Purchased 8/4/21. EUC & SF97 submitted within 36 hours. EUC came back within 48 hours. Picked up the truck on 8/10/21.

OLDBEAR1234

I received my SF97 today but I am confused. I received a "motor vehicle title reassignment supplement" from the state of Florida. Is this used to obtain title only?

INFChief

UPDATE: SF97 arrived today!!!

But…… It shows the vehicle being a 8 cylinder instead of 6. It also shows a purchase price of $12,349.96 (I paid $4300). The weights (shipping & GVWR) are incorrect.

I called GP and spoke with the Title Department. They told me it would be another long wait and that maybe I should just try to get ‘it through DMV’. NYS DMV is notoriously a PITA and I am not interested in trying to sneak this through. Besides, if & when I sell it can you imagine trying to explain years later that’s it’s a 6 cylinder and not 8? Who needs that headache?

Also, The make of vehicle is listed as “STEWART & STEVEN” not STEWART & STEVENSON.

lastly, Not sure how NYS would view the following errors - the odometer disclosed statement block entries aren’t even near the blocks they are supposed to be.

Tomorrow I will call DLA and see what they can do to expedite a new and correct SF97.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks