• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97-GSA Auction

Bozor1000

I work for the Department of Veterans Affairs at the VA Hospital in Long Beach and we auction off vehicles from patients that have passed on and that have no next of kin. Well I just auctioned a truck off through GSA and the auction closed on Wednesday. Today, this FED EX envelope arrives and it is the SF97. Two days only from GSA. So I don't understand why GL can't do the same and provide the SF97's within a couple of days. It is not that hard to fill out.

GSA auctions off vehicles that they don't even own and are able to get the SF97 to the customer with in 2 days. So when the winning bidder comes and picks up his truck, I already have the Transfer of title ready to go. Now they just go to the DMV and register their new vehicle. Two to three months I think is very unsat! If I can get the SF97 for a car that someone else had owned, what is the problem. I think that GL is full of excuses and do not have a handle on this problem. I heard that their famous excuse is, "We have been selling a lot of vehicles and we are backed log!". A lot of their customer have received this same response over and over again. So please help us get our SF97's GL. A lot of us have vehicles that we can't drive because they are not legally licensed. I don't know about you, but I don't want to get my truck inpounded and have no paperwork to get it out. Thanks for letting me vent.

grobinson2

Tired of Waiting...

I know I am probably just impatient but I have had enough of GL and there total disregard for the time lines regarding the SF97 forms. I called PA Senator Arlen Specters office about this and turned over all of my info for them. They have really come though on some other things for me and they did say they would look into this. Please feel free to contact them if you live in PA and voice your concerns. Please have your auction info available to them.

Thanks,
Glenn

FormerNewMVGuy

Re: SF

papercu said:
why GL can't do the same and provide the SF97's
Maybe because G/L is not a Government Agency and can not issue SF97, GSA is a Government Agency and they do issue SF97. Wayne

BINGO!!!!

I agree that it sucks to wait,, BUT with all the complaining i worry that we might lose our surplus truck sales over this SF-97 whine fest, they could just as easily sell em for scrap these days and make just as much money,
Personally i would like to buy many more trucks and wait for the proper paper work, Hear in NJ ,GL sends us florida titles, because NJ DMV wont take SF-97's, So i dont mind waiting for the proper paper work!
Practice patience and tolerance.

KsM715

Not if you bought it from GSA. GSA= SF97 GL= AZ title or FL title or SF97 only after you request and pay a fee for one.

flyxpl

Yes gsa gets the sf97 to you quick BUT I would verify all the info on your sf 97 is correct . Out of 3-4 sf 97's I have recieved from gsa they all had to be sent back for corrections .

KsM715

There is rumors on here that GL has determined which states need a title and which ones don't I'm not 100% on that though. I believe KS will accept an sf97 but when I paid the fee for one for the M818 I got a title from FL.

Jersey4x4

I was just at the DMV on Tuesday in Cardif, NJ and I was having a very detailed conversation with the managers there about Government liquidation. He told me they do accept the SF-97 form and it is a very simple process to get a title and he said they do it all the time and it is while you wait. I had to register a M116a2 and a towable engine crane and both were from GL and had zero paperwork other then my Pack Out slip from the base I got them from. I spent more time inline waiting to get to the window then actually getting the title and tags. He said the form 97 is the best and fastest way to do it in NJ. Because of all the DL fraud and Illegal Aliens they do not accept some of the out of state titles, they must be mailed in and that as we all know takes a very long time. I have heard stories about the NJMVC but I have never had a problem and I have tagged some very strange things. I even have my Honda Rancher tagged in NJ.

Thanks for the tips. So the next question... If NJ doesn't accept an SF97 how the heck do I get the title for this truck?

wdbtchr

I bought all my vehicles at GSA live auctions and they made out the sf97s right then. I bought three Jeep Cherokees at a forestry auction online and a Grand Cherokee from a US Marshall auction online and they had the sf97s ready when I picked them up. I've only had an error on one title they put down an S instead of a 5, I called Atlanta and they sent me a new one by mail in just a couple of days. I miss the live auctions, met a lot of interesting people, but I understand the online auctions widen the bidder pools just not as much fun2cents:roll:.

bigjmcconnell

I was just at the DMV on Tuesday in Cardif, NJ and I was having a very detailed conversation with the managers there about Government liquidation. He told me they do accept the SF-97 form and it is a very simple process to get a title and he said they do it all the time and it is while you wait. I had to register a M116a2 and a towable engine crane and both were from GL and had zero paperwork other then my Pack Out slip from the base I got them from. I spent more time inline waiting to get to the window then actually getting the title and tags. He said the form 97 is the best and fastest way to do it in NJ. Because of all the DL fraud and Illegal Aliens they do not accept some of the out of state titles, they must be mailed in and that as we all know takes a very long time. I have heard stories about the NJMVC but I have never had a problem and I have tagged some very strange things. I even have my Honda Rancher tagged in NJ.
Great News for me. Thanks Jersey4x4. I asked the guy when I picked up about the SF97 and he said it will be mailed. Glad you found the process simple.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks