• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97?

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine in January, picked it up April 25th and they told me they printed the SF-97 on May 17th. They said to expect 30 business days before USMC gets it back to them, then they will Fedex it to me.

BananaRay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right there with you. Bought in early September and it was picked up February 2nd. I called customer service in May and was told it was going in with the next batch. I called again last week and was put on hold for 10 minutes. The lady came back on the phone to tell me that their records indicated that I paid for the truck but never picked it up. She had her supervisor cross reference it to see that it had been delivered on February 12th. She said now that they fixed my records the SF97 could be ordered with the next batch. She apologized and told me 30 to 60 working days longer to get it back, but they would overnight it to me. I am not holding my breath. They are going to surprise me with it on the 1-year anniversary of my purchase.

cjd

So we're all in the same boat...

I took a month to fix everything and got the safety inspection. Now I'll have to get another since it's only good for 3 months.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same here, bought on spetember 21st, received on february 14 and still waiting for my SF97. Something i figured out or slipped from themis the sent the request to USMC on April 20something, i expected them to have sent that right after i picked up the truck. I guess they send a big batch out at once.

williamh

Right there with you. Bought in early September and it was picked up February 2nd. I called customer service in May and was told it was going in with the next batch. I called again last week and was put on hold for 10 minutes. The lady came back on the phone to tell me that their records indicated that I paid for the truck but never picked it up. She had her supervisor cross reference it to see that it had been delivered on February 12th. She said now that they fixed my records the SF97 could be ordered with the next batch. She apologized and told me 30 to 60 working days longer to get it back, but they would overnight it to me. I am not holding my breath. They are going to surprise me with it on the 1-year anniversary of my purchase.
Things are looking up , i also bought mine 09/02/2022 was delivered 02/02/2022.

Just go this today :

Dear William H,

The Title certificate for your recently purchased 1998 AM General M1123 HMMWV 2 Door w/Truck Body has been sent out by Fed-Ex Ground.

The details of the shipment are below. You can track the package on the FedEx website:

🥲

cjd

What an ordeal!

FInally, 9 months after purchase, I have the HMV titled and registered to drive. It was a close call at the tax office. The clerk shoved a "military vehicle" form at me. As I started to fill it out, I asked if there were any restrictions..."only to and from parades and shows...". I had given her the letter on Texas letterhead, stating that HMV's can be registered as regular cars or trucks. I had to point out the second paragraph, and even then the supervisor called Austin for confirmation. Oh, they did ask for a weight slip, so luckily I had read that here on the forum and had made a trip to the local CAT Scales.

All's well that ends well. Now if it would just cool down enough to drive it. It came with AC, but the unit was just tossed in the back. I'll work on it once it cools down enough to, well, work on it.

williamh

I wish i had that much luck.CA DMV says no way on highway 🍌 i would use the the middle finger thing but i don't want to get another post removed for (they didn't say but lets just say Branson) upsetting the mods more than necessary. Im am going to use dirt legal to get it done, im planning on moving away from calaforinication in the next 16 months. So im planning on going to a state that dosent $uck on mv ownership. Just the price is way high imhp. I just hope i can afford the fuel once i get the plates 😉

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purchased my Humvee September 08, 2021.
Submitted EUC form to GP September 10.
EUC approved January 30, 2022.
Picked up Humvee February 02.
Have been told during subsequent phone calls each month since, my SF97 request from the Marines would go out in next batch.
Was informed during today’s inquiry that my request was actually sent in a batch of 150 requests to the Marines June 22, and to expect it to take another 30 to 60 days.
Nothing to do but continue to wait. Glad I’m not ready for it to be titled and driven. A few more modifications in progress.

cjd

It's sad they can't grease the skids for this process. Since they have the money up front, all the SF paperwork should be submitted at the same time the EUC is sent. They told me they won't in case, "the HMV becomes abandoned". Sorry...if the money was paid up front that is a lame excuse. I would bet the "abandoned" HMV's are when the buyer dies during the process, so the car should go to probate LOL.

For you CA owners...I grilled the GP staff over what would happen if Texas refused to title. I was worried because the Texas exception is up to 10,000lbs, and the M1123 is technically 10,300GVW. I was concerned that some bean counter would call me on the 300 lbs. GP said if you your state refused to register on road, that they would help me title and register in Montana. So, give the GP title office a call and ask them for the help they "promised".

jideshraj

Purchased my Humvee September 08, 2021.
Submitted EUC form to GP September 10.
EUC approved January 30, 2022.
Picked up Humvee February 02.
Have been told during subsequent phone calls each month since, my SF97 request from the Marines would go out in next batch.
Was informed during today’s inquiry that my request was actually sent in a batch of 150 requests to the Marines June 22, and to expect it to take another 30 to 60 days.
Nothing to do but continue to wait. Glad I’m not ready for it to be titled and driven. A few more modifications in progress.
Mine was sent to USMC on April 15, a week earlier to yours. GP got back the signed doc 2 weeks before, your batch should come anytime now. Mine, they still haven't send to title bureau. For USMC understand there is a 150 batch process. But holding off on titling with DMV is ridiculously insane.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember , it’s a government operation. Makes no sense to anyone other than them
My dad taught me a long time ago about the government. There is a special government oversite department for whenever some thing is good, shows promise, is working smoothly, or has no issues. That agency, the Department of F. U. (Dep-FU) immediately takes note and then steps in to F everything Up.

They are all-seeing, have divisions everywhere, and are the only branch of government happy to work overtime/24-7/365. They take great pride in their work. They are non-partisan, and have no political agenda. They are tremendously efficient and effective. Their only goal is to F everything Up. They have existed since President Washington first decided to tax alcohol.

GovPlanet auctions had potential, which most likely set off alarms at The Dept. of FU. Counteractions were taken to slow things down and F things Up.

I’m surprised y’all are unaware of this rather ubiquitous government division.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks