• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97

hwcurtice

Okay, So I'm on the GL site filling out the SF97 form request.

And it wants answers that I just don't have. I have a 3/4 ton trailer, BTW

Empty weight?

GVWR?

Do I leave the fuel type blank, or put down 'other'?

Can I put in 'UNK in the mileage window?

What type of comments should I put in the comments window?

:lost:

hwcurtice

So many trailers.....

So many pictures with just the manufacturing information.....

So many really crappy pictures....

Finally, one with weights that I could read....

SF-97 submitted.

Oh, and they don't take NA for things like mileage, cylinders, and you have to choose a fuel type. 'Other' was my choice. I think I'll buy a horse... Or, because it used to be an Army trailer, a mule!

The next wait begins!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you picked up the trailer yet? What model?

If it is a M101 series then from the TM 9-2330-202-14&P

empty weight : 1340lbs
GVWR: 3590lbs

The other fields: n/a

Attachments

Last edited:

hwcurtice

It shows as a model M101a2 3/4 Ton Trailer

Yes it is home, sitting peacefully in my driveway. Rules on Gl state you have to pick up your item before submitting the SF-97 request form.

I just never thought of looking on the data plate for the information first. I just looked to verify teh VIN to make sure they gave me what I had won! I haven't looked at the data plate since.

Of course, I haven't been home during daylight since Tuesday either... Reading the data plate in the gloom of the NW gray wasn't that easy either...

Anyway, what I got off the dataplate off of GL was empty weight 1360. Capacity 2860

So it's about a 3/4 ton trailer that holds 3/4 ton.... Wouldn't that make it a 1.5 ton trailer?

ehasson

What a headache

Looks like I am having the same problem (sort of). I have a M101A3 box mounted on a M116A3 chassis. Both data plates have the same ID number, delivery date, and inspection date. I checked with the local DMV office and they said the ID number should be correct for the SF97 but when I put it in even if I take out the spaces and the slash I don't have enough room for the entire number. It reads "US ARMY ****** S/N ***" The Weight is different on each data plate and neither data plate has GVWR on it.

Any clues? I just won an action for two 6.2L engines in Kansas and it would be a great help to use this trailer to pick them up once my EUC has been cleared. Second action this year so I am guessing it will take little time for this one to get through the muck.

Eric

blybrook

Looks like I am having the same problem (sort of). I have a M101A3 box mounted on a M116A3 chassis. Both data plates have the same ID number, delivery date, and inspection date. I checked with the local DMV office and they said the ID number should be correct for the SF97 but when I put it in even if I take out the spaces and the slash I don't have enough room for the entire number. It reads "US ARMY ****** S/N ***" The Weight is different on each data plate and neither data plate has GVWR on it.

Any clues? I just won an action for two 6.2L engines in Kansas and it would be a great help to use this trailer to pick them up once my EUC has been cleared. Second action this year so I am guessing it will take little time for this one to get through the muck.

Eric
I can only speak for Alaska, but they only numbers that need to be used are the S/N *** for the VIN. Mine looked the same, but I used the 3 digit S/N and didn't have any problems getting my SF-97's or the AK titles.

Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks