• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97

hwcurtice

Okay, So I'm on the GL site filling out the SF97 form request.

And it wants answers that I just don't have. I have a 3/4 ton trailer, BTW

Empty weight?

GVWR?

Do I leave the fuel type blank, or put down 'other'?

Can I put in 'UNK in the mileage window?

What type of comments should I put in the comments window?

:lost:

hwcurtice

So many trailers.....

So many pictures with just the manufacturing information.....

So many really crappy pictures....

Finally, one with weights that I could read....

SF-97 submitted.

Oh, and they don't take NA for things like mileage, cylinders, and you have to choose a fuel type. 'Other' was my choice. I think I'll buy a horse... Or, because it used to be an Army trailer, a mule!

The next wait begins!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you picked up the trailer yet? What model?

If it is a M101 series then from the TM 9-2330-202-14&P

empty weight : 1340lbs
GVWR: 3590lbs

The other fields: n/a

Attachments

Last edited:

hwcurtice

It shows as a model M101a2 3/4 Ton Trailer

Yes it is home, sitting peacefully in my driveway. Rules on Gl state you have to pick up your item before submitting the SF-97 request form.

I just never thought of looking on the data plate for the information first. I just looked to verify teh VIN to make sure they gave me what I had won! I haven't looked at the data plate since.

Of course, I haven't been home during daylight since Tuesday either... Reading the data plate in the gloom of the NW gray wasn't that easy either...

Anyway, what I got off the dataplate off of GL was empty weight 1360. Capacity 2860

So it's about a 3/4 ton trailer that holds 3/4 ton.... Wouldn't that make it a 1.5 ton trailer?

ehasson

What a headache

Looks like I am having the same problem (sort of). I have a M101A3 box mounted on a M116A3 chassis. Both data plates have the same ID number, delivery date, and inspection date. I checked with the local DMV office and they said the ID number should be correct for the SF97 but when I put it in even if I take out the spaces and the slash I don't have enough room for the entire number. It reads "US ARMY ****** S/N ***" The Weight is different on each data plate and neither data plate has GVWR on it.

Any clues? I just won an action for two 6.2L engines in Kansas and it would be a great help to use this trailer to pick them up once my EUC has been cleared. Second action this year so I am guessing it will take little time for this one to get through the muck.

Eric

blybrook

Looks like I am having the same problem (sort of). I have a M101A3 box mounted on a M116A3 chassis. Both data plates have the same ID number, delivery date, and inspection date. I checked with the local DMV office and they said the ID number should be correct for the SF97 but when I put it in even if I take out the spaces and the slash I don't have enough room for the entire number. It reads "US ARMY ****** S/N ***" The Weight is different on each data plate and neither data plate has GVWR on it.

Any clues? I just won an action for two 6.2L engines in Kansas and it would be a great help to use this trailer to pick them up once my EUC has been cleared. Second action this year so I am guessing it will take little time for this one to get through the muck.

Eric
I can only speak for Alaska, but they only numbers that need to be used are the S/N *** for the VIN. Mine looked the same, but I used the 3 digit S/N and didn't have any problems getting my SF-97's or the AK titles.

Good luck.