• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF97s - just letting you know

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't understand what's wrong with Calling them(GL) on the phone (1-480-367-1300). There is no way they are going to monitor SS all day during bussiness hours. I have never been unsatisfied with their service over phone(ever). Always prompt and polite. Expecting GL to cover the SS site is counterproductive to their(already way over) work load.

USMilitarySurplus

Calling in or live chatting is a great idea when you want to make sure that the request form has been received. Calling every day is counter productive unless there is an issue.

Your question, FMJ, was: "Any ideas about members who have their SF97 paperwork after 60 or so days vs. members who have been waiting 90 days?"

Frankly, I'm not taking this one to the folks in Titling. I'd rather they keep doing what they're doing. I don't believe there is a difference between the two except that the latter group has been waiting longer.

Honestly, I feel like bringing these things up makes more folks upset or sounds like we're making excuses. I don't like to do either one. I do feel that each customer has the right to express their displeasure however. Like I've said before, send a letter or email to us to make it official. Not in a negative way, but as a way to keep the lines of communication open. Email is info at govliquidation dot com.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I've not received my titles in hand but I've confirmed that both deuces bought on 10/31/07 are titled in my name here in FL. Only a couple more weeks and I'll have em.

Green_gator

Are they starting to catch up? GL received my paper work for the SF97 on April 11 and in the mail today I received a copy of a title transfer form and the other two forms required by Florida to issue me a title. It went back in the mail at the main Tampa post office tonight so they will have it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Seventeen days to this point so I am interested to see how long this next step takes. Looks like I will get the title as well as the SF 97. That will save me a piece of work that I planned on doing. My question is are they issuing Florida titles to everyone or is this because even though the purchase was from Indiana since I live in Florida they have to issue a title?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Walter, FL resident is why. You won't get the SF, it goes to FL in exchange for the title. It took 18 days from the date they received my FL title forms for the trucks to be in my name. Still don't have the titles yet but they have been processed by FL

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I chatted with GL today and found out that ALL of my SF97 requests were sent to DRMS on the 16th of April. The curious thing is, the first 6 were sent in at the beggining of February, the last 2 were sent in at the begining of March. So I'm very skeptical about the GL claim that "requests are processed in the order received", regardless, I'm hopeful that someday soon I'll be able to title these trucks.

Kenny had I been you, in your situation, I'd be a news story by now........ ;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My situation is a little different. I waited for the last minute to do the EUC to give me more time. I also delayed pickup until Jan and didn't submit my SF request until I picked the trucks up from Andy Bell in mid Feb. I actually faxed the request on 2/21/08 so I'm just over 2 months right now.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Recovry4x4 said:
My situation is a little different. I waited for the last minute to do the EUC to give me more time. I also delayed pickup until Jan and didn't submit my SF request until I picked the trucks up from Andy Bell in mid Feb. I actually faxed the request on 2/21/08 so I'm just over 2 months right now.
Sorry, Kenny, I meant FT........

FreightTrain

Banned
Got my Floriduh title thursday too.116 days from the date they put it into their computer to the date it showed up on my door.Title is in GLs name with it signed over to me.

123mack

I got a FL title for my 1985 M1009 in February, for a sale in Oct. Half of that time was for the EUC. Since Alabama requires a title for anything after 1975, I had tio have either the title or SF97. When I went to the county tag office, I showed the lady at the window the paperwork and said " its the fed govts' fault, I was at their mercy". She looked at the papers and said "ok, we can waive the late fee". So I walked out with a tag, and that ended another GL adventure.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I got my SF97 in today. FedEx. I paid for the truck on 2-21-08 so it was 3 months in waiting. Not to bad I guess. Transferred my tag to it today and drove it some. I do find some of the dates and so forth kind of funny. The SF97 is dated and signed over to GL on 1-27-08. That was 3 days before the auction closed. I guess it sat somewhere until last week.

My favorite part is the odometer statement. It reads:

I, Roger….. state that the odometer now reads 7,290 miles and to the best of my knowledge reflects the actual mileage of the vehicle

“Roger” signed the form on 1-27-08. But the funny part, the number “7290”, is what I mistakenly put on my “request for SF97” in March. You see I went out to the truck and copied the info for the request form from the truck. When I wrote the mileage I had forgotten I had driven it several miles to “test” drive it. So the mileage on the truck when I picked it up was less than 7290. Oops, my bad. I just wonder where Roger got the number he put on the form in January? I also noticed the date for Rogers signature line is printed not hand written. It would appear it was printed at the same time the rest of the info on the form was printed. Same text and same shade of ink. The GL rep. hand printed the date on the signature line.

I was speaking with someone about that a few minutes ago and they said, “what’s the big deal, they probably sign a stack of them at once and print them as they need them”. I know that can’t be the case, that kind of practice might land someone in jail. It is a curious thing though how they made the same mistake as I did with the mileage.

I did get a waiver letter stating I didn’t have to pay the $60.00 because of the wait. I guess that was good since I didn’t sign the SF97 request form.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks