• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shackle hitting frame

dstang97

My drivers side shackle is hitting the frame when I hit a bump in the road. Has anyone replaced the frame bushing? how much of a PIA is it? anyone got a part number for it? Im having a hard time trying to find it.

hovenga67

I have the same problem only mine is on the right side. On rockauto they list something, I don't know for sure if it right but the number is 330103.
Brent

CDN-CUCV

I'm doing mine soon as well. The old red polyurathane ones I had in are pounded out. I'm installing new Energy Suspension graphite impregnated ones with greasable bolts. Replacing the remaining rubber ones while I'm at it as well. The whole works, my cost, was around $100-

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Off Road Designs

For my M1028, I bought a heavy-duty front shackle and bushing kit from Off Road Designs www.offroaddesign.com . Although I haven't installed it yet, I can say that the shackle is longer than stock to prevent "bottoming-out" and has grease-able bushings. The folks at ORD are light years ahead fot HD suspension parts for these CUCVs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post the Autozone part number?

blzrgb

I got the HD shackles and greasable bushings from ORD.
The upper bushings are simple to put in. Just take out the bolt and dig out the old bushing. Do one side at a time. I used a highlift jack under the front bumper and had no problems.

4bogginchevys

Can you post the Autozone part number?

As soon as I get more time i'll stop by and have them do another search, in person is the only way to get a parts monkey to do a "good" search. I already threw away the packaging to mine....If someone beats me to it, you have to tell them it's a 1/2 ton, turns out just about anything for a K30 says "parts not available" on thier computers. I think I said 1979, the year of my other truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks