• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shackle Working Load Limit

donalloy1

Gents, does anyone know the Working Load Limits for Shackles and the Frame Rails they reside upon? Do not see the WLL casting marks I normally see on Shackles?

Reason for asking is simple. Can I safely Jack vehicle corners up with Hi-Lift Jack off Shackles? Quick Tire changes in field is main idea.

Tried when I got home today with new Jack. Seemed to work very well. Might be asking a bit much of vehicle engineering though.

Input is greatly appreciated as usual. DMLII sends...

ODdave

They will hold, Better have a HE!! of a tall jack, By the time the frame flexes out and the suspention is at full droop your gonna be to tired to change the tire2cents

KsM715

Thats why you always carry a short piece of chain when you use a hi-lift. (chain the axle to the frame to prevent the axle from drooping).

The CUCV transportability TM says you can lift the truck with themso I think its safe to say you can use them as a jacking point.

Attachments

Keith_J

The spread of cosmetic off-road features contributed to this question.

While the frame extensions are square tubes, the shackles are up to the task. Same pin diameter as 2-1/2 ton series, probably because of the tubular extensions. This gives greater bearing area with the reduction from tubular steel.:idea:

donalloy1

All good information Gents. Thanks for support as always. Yes it is a Heck of a High Hi-Lift Jack. Was about half way up full travel when KM2 35 came off ground. I am good to go. Now just to figure out where to mount in vehicle? DMLII sends...:driver:

2002ford

We used them at FT. Campbell for slingloading under choppers. You can sling load single or in pairs side by side. The Hummer we used the ones that come up through the hood. A jack wont hurt them but if you put a single chain through both front or rears and pull real hard they will bend in towards each other. Dont ask how I know. Lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks