• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shaft direction

jeepthrills

After looking at photos that Spicergear posted of his t-case shift linkage, I am now questioning if I installed my front driveline correctly.

The Poll this week: On your front driveshaft, is the slip-yolk towards the t-case or towards the front axle. :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually there might be a text book right way but in real life it can go either way. I tend to put the slip yokes fwd on all my stuff. This goes back to my 4 wheelin days trying to keep stuff from being crammed in the yoke. Some folks put them at the transfer case to try to keep them high. Pros & cons both ways I suppose. When I posted the "Yes" answer it was my way of saying either way!

jeepthrills

R4x4:

I know you were just breaking my shoes. Actually I can see why it would go towards the t-case. You actually have a little more clearance between the shaft and the tranny that way. :idea:

Monster Man

I always thought it was because of keeping it out of the debris, as Kenny mentioned. the higher it is the less crap can get up in the slip

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks