• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shaft direction

jeepthrills

After looking at photos that Spicergear posted of his t-case shift linkage, I am now questioning if I installed my front driveline correctly.

The Poll this week: On your front driveshaft, is the slip-yolk towards the t-case or towards the front axle. :confused:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually there might be a text book right way but in real life it can go either way. I tend to put the slip yokes fwd on all my stuff. This goes back to my 4 wheelin days trying to keep stuff from being crammed in the yoke. Some folks put them at the transfer case to try to keep them high. Pros & cons both ways I suppose. When I posted the "Yes" answer it was my way of saying either way!

jeepthrills

R4x4:

I know you were just breaking my shoes. Actually I can see why it would go towards the t-case. You actually have a little more clearance between the shaft and the tranny that way. :idea:

Monster Man

I always thought it was because of keeping it out of the debris, as Kenny mentioned. the higher it is the less crap can get up in the slip