• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Share a load GI?

Pappa-G

I am expecting my EUC for my M818 in Feb. If anyone needs something Shipped from Chambersburg PA to anywhere with in 100 miles of Lansing, MI for HALF the regular price let me know. The rig can fit any thing the size of a M35 or smaller (length).
All the right reasons to get the little lady that Tractor shes been wanting! Look at all the money you'll save. (this is my favorite) Something that the whole family can enjoy!!

PM me ~ Thanks

Pappa-G

Before Armada chimes in, half of a 2.5 ton would be 1.25 and half of a 5ton is 2.5 ton. :roll:
Now that thats been said
I was quoted $2.50 per loaded hub mile. For just the haul I would estimate $650 (on the high side) but also factor in the price of getting it loaded onto the flatbed. I was told $170, now that was for one, weather a second truck would be that price again or we would get a break I dont konw. There would be anadditional savings if we can unload at one place. So if you would have access to a loading ramp I could tow mine home from there. But whan all is said and done $850 is still alot cheaper than $1470.

Thanks ~ Nick

ida34

I don't have a loading ramp but if we can get something going I could probably make a cheap one. I will have to see if I can win anything at Chambersburg. No matter what that sounds like a good deal. I will have to see if I can get something. There are several deuces but I am holding out for a five ton. I was hoping for a tractor but it seems like they only have cargo's right now. As soon as I know something I will let you know. Is the your hauler set up to load non-running trucks or would it need to run?

Thanks
Chuck

Pappa-G

Nonrunning or running it doesnt really matter. Armada and I have pulled nonrunners up on to trailers before, it would be the same thing in reverse right?

ida34

I don't think I am going to get anything from PA. I got a line on a tractor closer and will work on that deal. Sorry I wish we could have worked it out.

Chuck

rizzo

Re: RE: Share a load GI?

ida34 said:
I don't think I am going to get anything from PA. I got a line on a tractor closer and will work on that deal. Sorry I wish we could have worked it out.

Chuck

hmmmmm

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Share a load GI?

Still room for a deuce sized truck, another M818 tractor, M105 trailers, etc., on this load. Chambersburg PA to Michigan. Mid to end of February time frame. Anyone that's got something that needs a ride PM Pappa-G or myself.

Pappa-G

I got my EUC today!! YEA!! Now down to the business of business. I am looking at a mid feb removal and can fit a duce or another 5 ton tractor. There are alot of nice trucks up for bid no so bid early and bid often and we can split the cost to MI. PM me or Armada.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor

Any ideas if any of your trucks will make the trip??

I might (stress might) be coming that way to Wisconsin but would need to go to my desination first.

pfarber

In Dec 2007 i paid $1500 for a CCKW hauled from Ft. Lauderdale FL to Gordon PA on a custom rollback. Door to Door, and the thing didn't run or even have air in the tires.

Thats 1200+ miles for slightly over a buck a mile.

Everybody quotes $2-3 a mile, I have yet to pay over $1.15-ish.

My First CCKW came from Seattle WA to Gordon PA thats 2700+ miles and I paid $1700 in 2006 door to door.

Where are you ppl getting quotes from???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks