• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She Didnt Blow But I'm Pushing my Luck

My CUCV m1008 has been having issues with low oil pressure. Engine is a gov rebuild sometime in the last 20k miles. The low oil pressure is leading to periodic lifter issues and infrequent noises from a passenger side rear valve. Cold pressure at idle, oil about 55 degrees, is 12 psi with a mechanical guage I installed. At 55 down the road not long after startup I get 22 psi. Once its warmed up at 55 im getting 18psi and just a tick over 1psi at idle. So i hink I have oil pressure issues... well knowing this and the possibility of getting stranded I had to drive home 900 miles from college last week. She ran flawlessly at 22 psi the whole way getting 15mpg.
Of course I want to salvage what I can and try to restore pressure to normal range. I would thing the bearings are fine judging by how clean the heads and valves are and the low mileage. So I ordered a new oil pump and screen and spent too long trying to drop the pan. got every bolt out and even jacked up one side of the motor mounts so i could get the pan out but I could not, even after 2 hrs, get the pan to seperate from the block.... the seal that was used is very stiff and strong so im asking for suggestions here usually I can tap it with a hammer and a puddy knife to get a pan loose but not this guy.
Also wondering if i could be having an issue with my oil pressure relief system? not sure how I could check the valve or which one under the filter it is. Thanks for the help, comments on my stupidity, or thoughts on what I should do. Thanks.

My CUCV m1008 has been having issues with low oil pressure. Engine is a gov rebuild sometime in the last 20k miles. The low oil pressure is leading to periodic lifter issues and infrequent noises from a passenger side rear valve. Cold pressure at idle, oil about 55 degrees, is 12 psi with a mechanical guage I installed. At 55 down the road not long after startup I get 22 psi. Once its warmed up at 55 im getting 18psi and just a tick over 1psi at idle. So i hink I have oil pressure issues... well knowing this and the possibility of getting stranded I had to drive home 900 miles from college last week. She ran flawlessly at 22 psi the whole way getting 15mpg.
Of course I want to salvage what I can and try to restore pressure to normal range. I would thing the bearings are fine judging by how clean the heads and valves are and the low mileage. So I ordered a new oil pump and screen and spent too long trying to drop the pan. got every bolt out and even jacked up one side of the motor mounts so i could get the pan out but I could not, even after 2 hrs, get the pan to seperate from the block.... the seal that was used is very stiff and strong so im asking for suggestions here usually I can tap it with a hammer and a puddy knife to get a pan loose but not this guy.
Also wondering if i could be having an issue with my oil pressure relief system? not sure how I could check the valve or which one under the filter it is. Thanks for the help, comments on my stupidity, or thoughts on what I should do. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks