• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She is a leaky one

SSG ALBANESE

From the outside she doesnt look half bad, open her hood and its that PMCS (PMS lol) time of month.

Just ordered the head gasket set from Memphis Equip.

Has anyone broken down the compressor before? I have a new one and am thinking about tearing it down and taking out the older than old "new" gaskets.

Attachments

SSG ALBANESE

Steven, Good tip thanks.

The leak is really around the heads. the pipe and valve covers is not so bad. The heads will be a project. I dont want a leak when I am headed out to my camp sight this deer season. Once I hit the dirt I am 6x6 low range for over 80 percent of the trip. Thank god last year I had enough house to fix every single low pressure fuel line (all the clear lines)

Speaking of that does anyone have the napa part number for those fuel lines?

cornrichard

The only way pipe dope helps seal a flare fitting is to act as a lubricant. Brass fittings always seal better with lube. The original poster has plenty of lube on the brass already. On the positive side all of the oil that leaks out will lube the airpack and keep the air tanks from rusting out.

SSG ALBANESE

You seem to have been mis-informed. These type of trucks Do Not Leak ...
They just mark their teritorry!
I actually have a sucktion cup sign for my trucks that say this exact thing : ) Not sure if my landloard digs the leaks since when I moved in their were no oil stains on the driveway.

Anyone find a good solution for removing stains from the driveway? I have used pressure washer w/cold water and w/hot water, gunk engine degresser, and purple... california really restricts what we are allowed to use. Maybe a bigger pressure washer.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I stared at the picture of the engine compartment for over two minutes, expecting a visual of class 3 oil leakage coming from all orifices before I caught on that the leak was the puny little drippy copper line compression fitting. Your truck is practically dry compared to some I saw!

RAYZER

If it were mine,and this is just my opinion,head gaskets would be reserved for water in oil,oil in water.valve job,ect ect. Ive had a few multifuels and they all leak a little oil around the heads and various other places,i just keep them maintained and run the crap out of them,if something does break...theres a huge supply of spare parts out there.
I have never had a deuce let me down due to a oil leak.:grd: If it aint leaking,you aint drining!!

Last edited:

SSG ALBANESE

I stared at the picture of the engine compartment for over two minutes, expecting a visual of class 3 oil leakage coming from all orifices before I caught on that the leak was the puny little drippy copper line compression fitting. Your truck is practically dry compared to some I saw!

The picture I took is not the best. I am leaking at the base of the compressor which is not visable from the picture. The valve covers are not very bad, the front head is a class II and the rear head is getting their. On the passanger side the turbo gaskets need to be replaced and other minor oil repairs. I agree they are not Class III but the engines that are worse than mine are the ones that let it become a Class III. Were I go with this truck I have a small margin for error and breaking down. So Class II is enough for me to make the investment.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I actually have a sucktion cup sign for my trucks that say this exact thing : ) Not sure if my landloard digs the leaks since when I moved in their were no oil stains on the driveway.

Anyone find a good solution for removing stains from the driveway? I have used pressure washer w/cold water and w/hot water, gunk engine degresser, and purple... california really restricts what we are allowed to use. Maybe a bigger pressure washer.
Grinding floor-dri in with your foot is about the slowest and best method of removing it. Then after it is cleaned apply a concrete sealer over it before it happens again .

RAYZER

I did notice in pic 3, that the plastic injector fuel line is almost kinked coming out of the compression fittings on the # 5&6 injectors,this could cause a problem down the road.

SSG ALBANESE

I did notice in pic 3, that the plastic injector fuel line is almost kinked coming out of the compression fittings on the # 5&6 injectors,this could cause a problem down the road.
Are you talking about the clear low pressure lines? I had every one of these go on me last year. They were straight but once the fuel got to them they bent like this. I am looking for the size line I need so I can replace it with the proper rating. This hose was a field repair. I had about 15 feet of it to use : ) I am now down to about 5 feet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks