• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She is finally home!

ECR CUCV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all, I was finally able to bring her home yesterday! Very exciting. I'll start a thread as soon as the restore begins.

Happy holidays.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I recall correctly, that's only the 4th one of them that I've ever seen. Congrats on a super cool truck.

3dAngus

Now that is my idea of the perfect military style camper. Very versatile in the possibilities.
I cannot tell from the picture. Is that butcher block wood on top of the cabinets. Very expensive stuff now days, and on even the worst of it, turn it upside down, and refinish the bottom side for kitchen islands and butcher block accessories. You get top dollar for old fashion butcher block now days. I seek out the old workbenches that have it on it, solder burns and hammerings and all.

Very nice setup for maintenance or anything, and you have all the ladders too. I love it! Congratulations.

ECR CUCV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that is my idea of the perfect military style camper. Very versatile in the possibilities.
I cannot tell from the picture. Is that butcher block wood on top of the cabinets. Very expensive stuff now days, and on even the worst of it, turn it upside down, and refinish the bottom side for kitchen islands and butcher block accessories. You get top dollar for old fashion butcher block now days. I seek out the old workbenches that have it on it, solder burns and hammerings and all.

Very nice setup for maintenance or anything, and you have all the ladders too. I love it! Congratulations.
Thanks Angus, unfortunately the benches are only plywood but I love the idea of butcher block. The ladders are cool and I just found the TM with an extra set of keys in a drawer.

ECR CUCV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW, look at that cab! Looks like new. So how many miles on this? And what is the 'm' designation?
Harold, the mileage is just under 33,000. The TM I found inside leads me to believe its a M1028a3. I'm not 100% sure and welcome any correction. Thanks for the interest. This will be a fun one!

Jim

Attachments

ECR CUCV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig! GL or private purchase? Very clean also. How many miles and how does it run? Interesting for sure!

I bought it from a friend of mine who picked up this one, a 1031 and a few others a couple of years ago out of Burlington ANG in VT. I put new batteries and fuel in it and it started right up. After a complete inspection I decided to drive it. I ha d a follow vehicle stocked with everything I thought I may need on the 45 minute drive home. Glad I did because I needed it. I've driven this truck a few times over the last year and it was fine, but as you all know, Murphy will provide you with a challenge or two. When I went to drive forward it would not up shift. No problem I said to my friend as I climbed under the truck Ito check the vacuum line to the TH400. By the time I climbed out from under the truck after finding the vac line was not the problem. My friend had already removed the air cleaner and reattached the line that had fallen off. Lesson number 2,329 (open the hood first). The other problem I had was that it stalled out from lack of fuel. Changed the filter and we were off.

Thanks for the interest

Jim

Notice that the trucks never seem to have the m desigination on the doorjam data plate and or the one on the door itself.I must have 3 or 4 of the cucv class of truck and none of them say M1008 or M1028 or M1031.Imo its either a M1028A3 or a M1031.Whats the vin and or the gvwr? this will tell morw than anything else, a vin decoder was posted yesterday in another thread.
The TM I found inside leads me to believe its a M1028a3. Jim

Keith_J

Harold, the mileage is just under 33,000. The TM I found inside leads me to believe its a M1028a3. I'm not 100% sure and welcome any correction. Thanks for the interest. This will be a fun one!

Jim
Yes, it is an M1028A3 since it has dual rear wheels (DRW) and the transfer case is a New Process 208 as evidenced by the shifter mechanism with the indicator on the floor. An A2 variant would have a NP205 transfer case which only has a boot on the floor with shifting indicator on the knob.

Very interesting vehicle, one with multiple purposes in its former life. PLL is a organizational maintenance parts supply along with other items.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks