• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sheet metal specs

orrisd4

ok this should be a fairly common issue , yet no-one seems to have given a straight answer yet.

on an m35 what gauge sheet metal should be used to make patch panels for the cab specifically for the back plate , and cab corners?

Yarz

Thanks for the link! I assume they fit well? 18gauge?

I'm in need of a pair of rockers, and those should save a ton of effort.

Yarz

For anyone searching for information on the replacement rocker panels:

I contacted Memphis about them, and received this reply:
The G744ZP will fit your M35A2. The rocker panel we stock was made from a original sample so there should be no problem for it to work on your M35A2.

And just in case you still would like to be certain, I measured one of the ones I bought. They are 38" long.
Rocker panel - Memphis equipment G744ZP with Dimensions.jpg

And since the battery in my digital caliper is dead, I had to eyeball the thickness with a ruler. I came up with ~3/64" (0.046875), which means they are 18 gauge (0.0478")

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks