• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sheltering up the M37b1 today

Eric's hifim37

Well I guess it's time to get ready for Tower Park so on go's the Shelter, I made into a sleeper for me plus it really makes the M37 look cool, I'll miss having the top off but I can always pull it back off when I return from Camp Delta. I was lucky to find a original shelter for the M37 that was light weight, I tried a S250 and it almost broke the 37's back. This shelter was made in the 50's and is all aluminum and was very desirable to the scrap man so I guess that is why this model is quite rare it is a S-152 model and what was really cool it is a USMC version and so is my M37 :D

Enjoy, Eric..

See ya at Tower [thumbzup]

Attachments

shootiniron

I had one of those shelters that came with my M37.The data plate actually listed it for an M37 and was,like yours,a USMC shelter.Sold it a couple years back at the Papago show to a guy that was gonna restore it.Think I got $600 for it.Was cool though but way smaller than the 250.

Eric's hifim37

Hi All,

I worked on the M37 today, I serviced the 318 and cleaned up the Shelter inside and I thought I would share some more pics of my rig, The inside is nice to sleep in and I have a DVD/flat screen set up in it also, I have a heater & A/C set up I can use for the climate days. I am still working on the inside and one of these days I'll get it finished, fixing up the outside about killed me with having to recaulk all the seams and can many layers of house latex paint off of it so I could paint it back O.D. Oh I am excited about going to Camp Delta !

Enjoy !

Eric..

Attachments

Westech

CPL
The other shelter used on the M37 is the S-169. Its just a tad over 6 foot long. I have one if anyone is looking for one. Good shape.. its gutted on the inside, but clean.

Eric's hifim37

Hello,

To answer some of your questions, My M37 is a B1 and I do have the swinging spare but it is a pain so I carry my spare in the M101 I tow, also in the trailer is a 90 gallon fuel tank I have plumbed into my 37 so I can get some range when traveling far, for instance the Camp Delta show is over 400 miles from my house and I don't like stopping in the seedy hwy 99 towns so I can just smile as I pass through :driver: I also carry the spare in the trailer, I have included the first shots of my shelter when I first brought it home and it too is 6ft long but the problem is I am 6'3" so I have to sleep caddy corner but oh well it's beats the tent ! I am setting this unit up to tow my WC56 to the show and have a nice place to sleep that is my intentions, I guess I'll mount my spare on the car trailer when I am towing the Command Car,

Thanks for the nice replies, I am proud of my set up and I have way too many hours in this stuff but i'm loven it :grin:

Eric..

Attachments

shootiniron

Eric,thats a swell looking set up.With the 318 up front it has to be a way better road machine.Do you have the 4.89's?Mine still has the stock power plant so towing a 101 would be painfull at best.Now if I was swimming in the dinero I would'nt hesitate to send it to Charles at Mseries Rebuild and have the 4BT swap done with all the trimmings but alas thats not the present scenerio.:roll:

Attachments

Last edited:

WPNS421

I have a switchboard shelter complete that fits into the M37, has a large switchboard and a lot of various original itmes $750. Pictures

Last edited:

Eric's hifim37

Hey "Shootiniron" The 318 is great and mine still has the 5:83 gears, disc brakes , power steering , full syncro trans and I'm working today on the A/C for the cab, That is a nice looking M37 picture you attached also, I'm not really into the Diesel thing, I like the smooth quiet power of the V8 and really if I just cruise I get around 11 MPG so I'm happy but if I want to go my M37 will boogie !

Thanks for the reply !

Eric..