• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sherwood Forest?

Katch1

I read in military magazine a while back about a junk-yard with tons of O.D. stuff lying around near Sparta Wi., but have yet to pinpoint it's location. Any help out there?

JBizal

Sherwood Forest

That yard was owned by Bob Sherwood. I bought all the remaining parts inventory 12 years ago. He has since cleaned up the yard and the buildings. Nothing left. I stopped to see him on a recent drive by just to say hi and the place was empty. The yard was on his farm south of town and now does not welcome drop by visitors.
John

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Sherwood Forest

does not welcome old friends ????? very odd indeed did you see him and he ran you off or what gave you the idea of no visitors welcome. you must tell us the rest of the story TIm

JBizal

visits

He did not run me off. I didn't get a warm fuzzy welcome either. The yard, buildings and everything else has been changed to a NON military welcome. He is retired and my impression, he likes it that way. I am not telling you to stay away, just don't expect open arms and a big smile. Besides that, almost nothing left in the back yard and the buildings are empty.
John

minnlvt4

Sherwood forrest..

Does his wife still run a militaria shop in town? I think I'm thinking of the same person, I bought a bunch of 9.00x20's years ago from him...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks