• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

She's Bobbed and looking good

SR71BLACKBIRD

Finnished my bobbed project yesterday. I do have one issue to deal with yet. I moved the crossmember that holds the pintol hitch forward 10 inches so the tailgate can swing open 90 plus degrees. However I used the M105 DT (dump trailer) bed instead of the standard M105 bed.
When i dump the bed the bed underside hits the pintol at 43 degrees dump angle. I want to dump at least 48 degrees.
Bought 5 BF Goodrich 12.5 20's from Kublo's I may be adding soon.
Have another m35a2 comming so I will probably sell this one.

Attachments

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you remove the offending angle iron on the bed, and still get 43 degrees? Can always move the rear crossmember foward a couple of inches.

Last I knew, the dump wasn't powered yet, just the hinge is on.

Dennis

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice rig, I like the tilt bed.
What size and length are the bolts used to attach the springs to the frame?
Thanx.

SR71BLACKBIRD

Lifted the bed with backhoe to check clearence of pintol. Used 3/8 8 grade bolts with special frame nuts for hangers. My dad and I build hoists for dumps. Have some hoists but not sure which style to use yet. The avitar is a 87 WE-4 i sold to pay for land and green toys. Only put it there because of the guy complaining about m35a2 avitars the other day. Here is a picture of the style hoist i will probably use.

Attachments

phataux

i personaly cant find any find any other proof of a dump m105 but i think it is a great idea..... how much would a mount like that cost and how hard would it be to install on a bobbed with an existing 105 bed? also how is it ran? power ... air ... how?

monkeythumbs

Curios to what you are going to do with the bed and rails. I'm interested in your troop seats , I'm picking up a duece in Huntsville in the near future, and I think that there are no troop seats under the cargo cover. If they are spoken for ,so be it, saw your were in ohio too.

Blythewoodjoe

wow a bob dumper!

never heard of that till now :-D
Not trying to high jack the thread, but if I may add to it, a dumping bobbie deuce is a very practical machine. I hate I sold mine last year, but life goes on. If you want to read a little about it check this out.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=12226&highlight=dumpin'+deuce+lives

Have fun with the truck. If you have never had one like it, you will find things to dump you never thought of.

Joe Trapp

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks