• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shield Deuce

Katavic918

I found one of the shield Deuces. Apparently it was a prop used in a marvel movie/series. I went to look at it a few months ago buy some expenses came up and I decided to pass on it. A week ago the guy called me up with a can't refuse price and now it is my 7th registered vehicle. It's actually in really good shape considering it's been used as a farm truck and not maintained AT ALL for about six years. I'm thinking it was overhauled in 2002 judging by the matching 2002 tires and the resealed in 2002 stamp on the engine. I'm guessing that means all the gaskets were replaced. It even still has the safety wire on the fuel screw cover. I'm debating on whether or not to paint it and get rid of some of the add ons. Having trouble uploading pictures. I'll try again later.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce with a dump mechanism and grain sides used on the farm to haul grain. I also use my 5 ton dump the same way. A very unique truck; congratulations!

Katavic918

I noticed something while taking the stake sides off the bed. There are several holes drilled in the bed. It looks like something was mounted there. They are drilled near the back of the bed. Does anyone have any ideas?
DSC_1186.jpgDSC_1187.jpg

It also came with a really nice condition Treibstoff Jerry can. The enamel inside looks new.

winfred

mine actually worked the last time i grounded the bare wire where the horn button should be, one of these days ill install the button kit i bought.

guessing the holes in the bed were from a prop weapon, maybe even a camera mount to get double duty from the truck

Shes an older one. Haven't seen the electric horn on many anymore.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's pretty neat.

I've never seen an engine where they resealed it and stamped it like that. Interesting.

Katavic918

Maybe it was good mechanically so they just decided to re-gasket? Idk. It doesn't have any leaks anywhere for that matter.

Katavic918

Dang, that'd scratch both my itches... Mil vehicle and SHIELD / Movie prop.
Then you'll be happy to know I've decided not to paint it. Aren't you the guy that can look up the serials on these? My other 2 were NG trucks, this one came from CA after the movie people were done with it but I'm curious to know where they got it from.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then you'll be happy to know I've decided not to paint it. Aren't you the guy that can look up the serials on these? My other 2 were NG trucks, this one came from CA after the movie people were done with it but I'm curious to know where they got it from.
I am...was... The system I used us now gone, and the replacement doesn't work the same. I've tried it, and it's just a very laborious process, if it works. I have to be more precise and access one to two other systems to get the answer that used to be produced all in one. There's more details in the thread link in my signature.

I'm also happy you have decided to not paint it... if you do, let me know and I might buy it off you first! haha.