• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shift Boots

ARYankee

I've been looking for some canvas shift boots for my transmission and transfer case. I've found some here and there but usually not what I'm wanting to pay. I came up with the idea of making my own since I have some fabric left over from redoing my seats. That way they will match. Is there any tech drawings or manuals of them out there or can anyone that has them take some measurements? Does anyone have an NSN for them? I was also looking for input on how to do the ring that will bolt to the floor as well. Any input is much appreciated.

Srjeeper

The Best......

The best you can buy come from Jatonka....his are made from orginal paterns with the correct canvas material.. www.jatonkam35s.com

There's several of us on here that have them and I've never heard any complaints.......[thumbzup]

ARYankee

you can find them on ebay ever now and again, good luck with finding a set. everyone wants them and not too many people have them.
Yeah. That is why I was hoping to find the pattern so I could make my own. I have some digicam fabric that I used on my seats so I figured I would do the boots to match.

jwaller

jtanka sells them cheaper than you can make them. his don't have the rings but if it means that much to you then you can add them yourself.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The set I got from John had the rings. FWIW my first set I got off ebay. I had to open the wallet 75 clams wide to get them. JTTs are much cheaper. Install is a breeze with a cordless driver and some TEK screws.

Srjeeper

jtanka sells them cheaper than you can make them. his don't have the rings but if it means that much to you then you can add them yourself.

My TC Lever boot and Trans.Shifter boot from JT both had the metal bands/rings with them.

If ya want to make your own than all ya need is to find the paterns. These came as part of the Artic Kits orginally, so maybe you can find something by looking in that direction.

ARYankee

My TC Lever boot and Trans.Shifter boot from JT both had the metal bands/rings with them.

If ya want to make your own than all ya need is to find the paterns. These came as part of the Artic Kits orginally, so maybe you can find something by looking in that direction.
Cool I didn't know that they were part of the arctic kit. That may help. Thanks for the input folks. Keep it coming.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A.
For the price, I don't think you can do better than Jatonka's boots. Sure, if you have some camvas laying around you can make them, but what's your time worth?

B.
Both sets I've bought had the rings, although I thought the rings weren't the best fit (but I've never had a truck that had an original set, so who knows if these are better, worse or the same).

C.
Georgia doesn't have a lot of artic weather but these sure do help with the rush of hot air coming up through the floor in the summer! Especially since I have dual spring ride seats-it's a pure vertical rush of hot air coming up through the transfer case hole in the floor when you're driving.

rustystud

C.
Georgia doesn't have a lot of artic weather but these sure do help with the rush of hot air coming up through the floor in the summer! Especially since I have dual spring ride seats-it's a pure vertical rush of hot air coming up through the transfer case hole in the floor when you're driving.[/QUOT

That's why I like the Summit ones. They totally seal the shifter shafts. There is no air getting in from there !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks