• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shift Solenoids

fpchief

Newly recovered M1097A2...going through the motions of swapping fluids and filters. Bought as non-running hmmwv, alternator and PS pump are off if it. I put some batteries in it and it fired right up with just a few seconds of erratic oil pressure bouncing and then leveled right off. I did not put it in gear, wanted to get it turned off quick.

Going to do tranny filter and was wondering if it is worth it for good measure to swap the shift solenoids while in there....that is if it has them like a couple other transmissions I have messed with.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn’t run it till the entire motor is assembled, no need to change out anything till you have it driving up and down the road, rarely do shift solenoids fail in this trans.

fpchief

I wouldn’t run it till the entire motor is assembled, no need to change out anything till you have it driving up and down the road, rarely do shift solenoids fail in this trans.
10-4 on the solenoids. I just had to see if it would fire. Will get it all together this weekend. Thanks Sir.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks