• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifter Boots

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a set from John Tennis, they are absolutly beautiful! But, I was wondering how to mount them. Well, I was rootin' around the garage and came across a nice piece of aluminum. Well, smoke started comming out of my ears, and this is what I came up with. If anyone is interested, I can send the measurements, or, make some and send them to ya for the price of the material and shipping. PM me if you want some...guess i gotta find out what the metal price is though!

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't remember. Bought them 6 mos ago and just got around to mounting them. He's on now, maybe he'll chime in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid nearly $60 for a NOS set many years ago. Glad to see John is making them again. I'll need more.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks good Will, I was too lazy to fab anything up and just sheet metal screwed mine in place but I would much rather purchase one of your pre cut pieces. The boots make a very nice addition to the trucks and are very reasonably priced.

jatonka

Hello Steel Soldiers, Thanks for the good reports on my boots. You can pm me for prices on the boots and I have gotten around to making some metal rings to mount them to the floor now. I have to charge a little more for the mounting rings, just to cover the cost of steel and cutting cost. They are real good and still fit the $4.10 flat rate envelope. I'm also running 2 M35A2's with the spin-on oil filter adaptors now and everything is working well. We are in a parade tomorrow with 1 of the test deuces. John Tennis