• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shifting issues

levisaacs

Hi guys i have a 66 2 1/2 duce. i just had a air shift case installed and replaced the sprag that didn't work. i also installed a original pto winch on it which included installing the pto on the side of the transmission. Everything works great but now the truck dont shift down without grinding really bad!! i cant seem to figure it out, the pto is not engaged i checked thats what people said to check. ive been working on this for 2 months with no luck! any suggestions....

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
1. Is the trans full of fluid?

2. Is the PTO properly shimmed?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So what was it? Ever figure it out?

Ford Mechanic

smart a$$... :patracy:

I thought it was one of those things like a muffler bearing.... no such thing. Guess I got edgucated today;)

Mike out for the weekend!!!!! We're going to the RODEO!!!!:jumpin:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the Snycros are good then yes you are to tight on the gear. I use one thick gasket and one thin shim gasket and never had a problem being to tight.

levisaacs

Sorry guys for not getting back sooner. First of all yes to everthing said, we shimmed the case and it did not help, so we shimmed it again and it has made a big difference. ITs not as smooth as before all the modifications but manageable! thanks for all the help!

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I rember NAPA only offered two different sizes. There would be to many gaskets if that were the case so like I said there is a thicker one and a thin one. I don't know the thousands.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks