• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping a Bobbed Deuce overseas

maynard83

Are there any restrictions on shipping a bobbed deuce overseas?
I don't need help with shipping info as I ship a lot of stuff overseas but will we run into any snags or issues if we want to ship this MV to South America. We have some land down there on the beach and in the mountains and we can sure use this.

Flyingvan911

I think it will be against the law. The law says you can't sell a military vehicle to anyone outside the US or to a non-US citizen. I don't think the bobbing of the deuce makes any difference. I may be wrong. You should ask the Defense Logistics Agency.

Chief_919

In order to sell it overseas you need prior approval from the State Department. Best bet as an individual is to pay for the services of a customs broker who is experienced in doing it to handle that for you. It will not, however, be cheap.

cornrichard

I can not answer your question, but I can point out that it reads, can I ship it to south america. I believe this would be for your own personal use in another country. You should probably make that extra clear to anyone in the government that you ask.

maynard83

I always wondered about this aspect when reading threads about driving these down south or internationally.
The vehicle would be in my name or my brothers and we are both US citizens. I think I will ask my shipping broker about any restrictions since they should be familiar with this.
Any info is appreciated and if I find anything out myself I will pass it along.
Thanks for all the input so far.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maynard, To what country are you intending to send the vehicle? I cannot think of a coastal country in SA that will be classified as restricted, but it would be good to check first before making any commitment.

Any licensed US exporter can identify the classification of the deuce, so you do not need any special or expensive brokers.

I have the EAR clearance letters for all of the 2 1/2 ton trucks. Send me the NSN number of your truck and I'll reply with a .pdf of the classification.

Rick

maynard83

Maynard, To what country are you intending to send the vehicle? I cannot think of a coastal country in SA that will be classified as restricted, but it would be good to check first before making any commitment.

Any licensed US exporter can identify the classification of the deuce, so you do not need any special or expensive brokers.

I have the EAR clearance letters for all of the 2 1/2 ton trucks. Send me the NSN number of your truck and I'll reply with a .pdf of the classification.

Rick
Rick I just sent you a PM.

Thanks!

ranchhopper

A friend of mine has a farm down in panama he has brought three deuces and a five ton down there.He applies for an export permit and when it goes through he drives them down to florida and loads them on the boat.He has a business growing coffee and trucking produce down out of the jungle then hauls supplies back up with him.As long as your a US citizen and where your going isnt deemed a hostile government by the US and do all the required paperwork you shouldnt have a problem. Just the long wait for the bureaucrats to process the paperwork is a bit frustrating at times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks