• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping an MK48....

Jayco36REQS

Anyone had any experience or idea what it kind of cost to ship an MK48 and MK17 from Jacksonville, FL to Dayton OH?

Even a ballpark guess range is good enough...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$3.00 to $4.00 a mile maybe a little more. A quote this week might be no good next week if fuel prices spike .

Jayco36REQS

MK48 from Jacksonville FL to Dayton OH

Need a cost estimate for transporting an MK48 w/ MK17 trailer... from Jacksonville FL to Dayton OH...

Last edited:

3dAngus

Anyone had any experience or idea what it kind of cost to ship an MK48 and MK17 from Jacksonville, FL to Dayton OH?

Even a ballpark guess range is good enough...
If it's running, consider flying a SS driver there and back home after he drives it up. It would be cheaper.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AND........you can't drive it off base! So you need to figure a haul/tow off base. Which raises another question.....who in their right mind would want to drive one that far!!!!

caliber1

AND........you can't drive it off base! So you need to figure a haul/tow off base. Which raises another question.....who in their right mind would want to drive one that far!!!!
I saw that too PC, is that for all vehicles, or just the MK48s? Hmmmm..............

Oh, I'd like to drive one, not sure that far though.:grd:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ME, being crazy does help

3dAngus

I was thinking of you Ron when I wrote that. Good luck!
Seems like it would be a fun trip. Heck, I might even ride with ya!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
This is what it says about said vehicle (no specific sale or item mentioned):

The unit has batteries and runs. Located at Blount Island, Jacksonville, FL. Preview/removal by appointment only. Buyer loads. GL will not help load this item. Screeners must request entrance by calling 904-779-6676 at least 24 hours in advance. required to be transported off the installation by flatbed or tractor trailer. Under no circumstances can vehicles or other rolling stock be driven from the installation
Recovering one of these vehicles will be an exercise in logistics. Blount Island is located a long way from the GL site I'm familiar with. It may be an unmanned site. There will be a lot of coodination required between customers, truckers and GL people.

If said vehicle won't crank and the truck picking it up has no winch then it will be necessary to get a big wrecker to get it up on the trailer.

I'm trying to find out if the vehicle can be towed off base with a commercial wrecker.

I have a contact number for some truckers that work out of Orlando that moved some MV's for a fellow member a while back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks